Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
I honestly don't know... but if they do, that would suck for me since thats a primary reason I opted not to get the Navi =(

But, what's done is done, and I hope for all the Nav owners they make the necessary upgrades to include street names on the Nav Display.

· Registered
93 Posts
Yes

I heard there will be an update to the cd based navi. also - rumors are that the 2005 models of the Touareg will have (as an option) a new DVD based navi.

· Registered
715 Posts
RAVENDAWG said:
I'm getting the street names Just fine in the center display???
There only been one time I couldn't pull up a street name and that was in a delvelopement that was less than a year old...
I'm NAV-less... but I believe everyone is talking about on the large display (not the MFI). It would be really helpful to see the street names (not just the one you're on) on the big display.

As an aside... could anyone possibly take a photo of the NAV display (on the MFI and the large display)? I only saw the Nav for a brief second at the dealership.

· Registered
8 Posts
Perhaps I haven't been spoiled by other Nav systems. I seen the ones in the Lexus and The voice activation feature in the lexus and the ability to distinguish different types of restraunts is a nice feature. I know that VW's attempt on a navigation system isn't by far top of the line ( although pricy) however the off road feature I believe isn't some thing most Automotive manufactures offer. Reguardless I haven't asked for directions since I got the touareg. I 've been to places that I had no clue on how to get home and the Nav system got me there just fine. I'm not sure why they didn't go with a dvd based sys??? I suppose we could nit-pic the system as the price does reflect the features. Still I'm glad to have it.

· Registered
8 Posts
Ok, here the beef on the nav sys. Although it got me to the the location in Cleve land and the directions were perfect. Once you get out out of the the major metropolotan areas, the details of the roads in the smaller towns ar missing. If you don't live on the main drags in the smaller towns apparently you don't matter. my parent's street was there but my grandmothers address wasn't. They must have spent more time in the big city details. My only explaination may be be due to need would be greater in the Mega tropolis areas, or perhaps those who live in the metro areas are the ones with the demographic and the INCOME to purchaes a TREG in the 1st place! I'm not certain nor do I have an oficial link, these are jsut suppositions. Some more dissappointing things, Th POi's seem to only show up if the magnification is .5 miles and below. I don't think mine shows reseraunts reliably... usually the gas staions do show up. It would be nice if you could see them on a greater magnification so that you could make plans on where you might stop. Perhaps I need to play with it some more to get the resteraunts to appear??? I don't know. FOr the 2600.00 price tag I think it should do a little more than what you get.

· Registered
2 Posts
Nav sys map display

All PDIs do not display in the map. Most notibly restaurants and ironically VW dealerships. The person I spoke with at NavTech told me that the Touareg Nav hardware is by Bosch and that the display is a function of it not their cds. My dealer tells me the system is working properly. I read somewhere that this is 5 year old technology. True? I guess I'm ambivilent about street names appearing, it would just be nice to know where the problem really resides and if there is any fix coming.

· Registered
2 Posts
Nav sys map display

All PDIs do not display in the map. Most notibly restaurants and ironically VW dealerships. The person I spoke with at NavTech told me that the Touareg Nav hardware is by Bosch and that the display is a function of it not their cds. My dealer tells me the system is working properly. I read somewhere that this is 5 year old technology. True? I guess I'm ambivilent about street names appearing, it would just be nice to know where the problem really resides and if there is any fix coming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.