Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2009 TDI and took it on a long road trip over the Memorial Day holiday. The roads on the navigation maps sometimes appear in different colors. A light tan appears to be the default color but sometimes the roads are yellow or dark green. I can’t find anything in the manual. Does anyone know what the different road colors represent?

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
Difference between "Freeways", "highways", "toll roads", "interstates", "rural roads" etc...?

siberian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. Do you know in the owner’s manual where it states what the individual colors represent? There didn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for the scheme.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. Do you know in the owner’s manual where it states what the individual colors represent? There didn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for the scheme.
Could it be that your Nav is in the topographic mode?

Unrelated, is your model a dealer-built version, are you still breaking it in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t believe it is in the topo mode and will check it out. The unit is factory installed and I am still breaking it in.

·
Registered
783 Posts
You may want to update your profile with your location- it will help with this and future posts.

I believe NAVTEQ still has the contract to supply the VW nav maps and therefore color schemes.

The basic color schemes differ depending on where in the world you live- which determines the attributes and the number of functional road types that are included in your map. What nav version you are running?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts