Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RNS2 gone haywire?

Hi all,

I've tried to look this up to my best ability but haven't been able to find this problem anywhere else.

Right as I start my Treg to pull in to my garage (changed my spark plugs) I noticed the navigation did this weird screen. Radio and everything still works (my aux cord still works) it's just the screen looks like this. Some times it works normally completely, then 5-10 minutes later (sometimes longer) and it goes out.

I checked the fuses and they're all fine. I pulled out the navi and checked if there were fuses in the device, behind it, but didn't find any.

Any ideas? Or is my RNS2 just aging? Was looking into a newer system also, just pricy :/

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this just when you press the map button, or for every mode?
Everything, the screens are semi different but it slightly changes if I go to map, or radio.

First picture is in radio, second is in map mode. INFO and all other screens look the same. It's like all the text and everything disappeared and its just the background image? I thought the device was just old and something shorted somewhere but it works sometimes. Treg fixes itself?

Also, I haven't tried to pull the wires from the back of the navigation system yet. Didn't know if pulling the fuse did the same effect but ill have to try that in the morning. Might need to get a pin code from somewhere in the car if it resets.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Other than pulling the fuse, the display may be gone. If it all still works, maybe tape a pic of a warm beach or something :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...maybe tape a pic of a warm beach or something :)
Haha good idea.

While on a trip today it worked somewhat then it does this seizure thing haha. (1st pic shows it).

It works then the screen does that line thing until it just all disappears into glitch mode. (Trying to explain my best).

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts