Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting,

I recently purchased a 2009 V6 Sport. I need .... NEED to find a NAV unit for it. Any thoughts on what works, what doesn't? I have searched the threads and haven't seen anything posted in a while. Here is what I would like the unit to have:
  • Solid dependible GPS navigation
  • Easy to navigate thru the controls and menu
  • Sirius Radio / XM
  • Back-up camera video option
  • Good controls with IPod / IPhone
  • Works with steering wheel controls
  • Great sound (better than factory radio)
I truely appriciate your input. I dont want to get stuck with a $800 paper weight from China. There are alot of options out there but from what I am finding more bad luck stories to go right along with them.

Thanks again!!
Jason

·
Registered
319 Posts
A 2013 Touareg. Seriously, or spend $$$$$ (as I did in the 1st year) trying. You won't find Sat. radio on any of the lower priced units, and there's no guarantee an RNS (or even aftermarket) will work...
You can search my & a few others' posts here for the details. Good luck, though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is no problem with qualiuty of sound if you have 12 Channel AMP. Dynaaudio is not good as the adverting, so is not worth this money.There is always confuse - or Super extra full radio with Touch screen, watter sprays etc, or simple (also good) VW unit compatibility with MFSW, RVC, and good loocking with the dash. A lot of people selling units such as ZENEC, or other China markt good copy org radio, which have more then you need, and the installing factory radio.
At the moment RNS 510 for Touareg is one of the best radio.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Navi

Terrywood is selling a 2008+ Canbus 2.0 Navi on here that would work well. He has all the wiring included in the package deal he is selling.

Take a look at that.

BTW....Aftermarket Navs just suck. I went through three of them before I went to a factory nav setup. The Touareg has a great sound system IMHO. I have upgraded some of my speakers to HK and Bang & Olufsen but kept the original amp. Great Highs and great lows. What you will find in the aftermarket units is that the sound is weak unless you completely rewire your whole system with an aftermarket amp, they arent the most logically laid out systems, and they dont fit in the dash very well.

You can get an RNS unit and add the A/V controller for the rearview camera, sat, and an aux in for your Ipod.
Greeting,

I recently purchased a 2009 V6 Sport. I need .... NEED to find a NAV unit for it. Any thoughts on what works, what doesn't? I have searched the threads and haven't seen anything posted in a while. Here is what I would like the unit to have:
  • Solid dependible GPS navigation
  • Easy to navigate thru the controls and menu
  • Sirius Radio / XM
  • Back-up camera video option
  • Good controls with IPod / IPhone
  • Works with steering wheel controls
  • Great sound (better than factory radio)
I truely appriciate your input. I dont want to get stuck with a $800 paper weight from China. There are alot of options out there but from what I am finding more bad luck stories to go right along with them.

Thanks again!!
Jason

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bang olfsan makes car speaks that fit Tregs?

I want to use Boston acoustics. They were awesome in my 318

These were snagged off ebay from some totaled Audi's I was able to harvest a few of them. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts