Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my V8 w/Nav
It seems that from time to time when I hit the NAV or MAP button i dont get anything it just sits there on the music or CD screen.

Other times it seems to work can seem to sort out what the issue is.

Does anyone else see this?

· Registered
93 Posts
Maybe the GPS isn't getting a fix??

If you check the info screen it'll show how many/if satellites are connected.

If the weather is very overcast, you can sometimes have trouble getting good communications with the satellites.

That's one possibility.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Overcast skies and clouds should not affect GPS navigation units to the point of not getting a fix. My handheld systems work well even in thick snowstorms or rain which are much more dense and reflective than overcast skies.

GPS navigational systems are much more affected by structures such as trees and buildings that either block GPS signals that are low in the horizon or reflect them to obliteration.

This is very much the same case for those who are familiar with Direct TV Satellite dish reception.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Sounds like it is more of a problem with the nav buttons or software not operating. See if you can replicate the problem at the dealership and they should be able to switch out the unit for a new one under warranty. Good luck.

· Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like it is more of a problem with the nav buttons or software not operating. See if you can replicate the problem at the dealership and they should be able to switch out the unit for a new one under warranty. Good luck.
There is a known issue with some of the NAV units freezing (while the music is still playing) and then rebooting. Does the liability acceptance screen come up again? If so you might be experieincing this issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.