Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I screw up. I've been getting the official run-around about my 2014 Touareg's NAV system that doesn't display cross streets as you drive, regardless of the range. VW's official conclusion (after 3 weeks) is to get a $526 update! An insane price and the only way to update a 2011-2014 Touareg is through a VW dealer installation. I spent time on the phone with "HERE" Nav systems and they say they deliver map data that includes all the road names. VW controls how it's processed. Hence the run around. An update seems to be an updated version of the same problem for over $500. I love my car, but the Nav is driving me nuts. You can buy a fabulous GPS for $129 at COSTCO. Does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've been using built-in Nav on both the Treg and my Audi less and less. Waze on the iPhone is just too good!

·
Registered
22 Posts
We use our google maps on our phones if the built in nav doesn't work.

The OEM also doesn't find cities when you search sometimes. We HAVE to input the zip code instead of searching but we love the head unit otherwise so we are not upgrading that. We just don't always use the nav.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mine is from 2013. The important thing to remember is that in 4 years the roads tend to change a bit. I abandoned the idea of OEM navigation a long time ago.
The answer is easy: Waze. It also tells you about the police... only God knows how many times Waze has saved my license (and wallet). It's also free.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I use the built in Navi 90% if the time simply because it’s convenient. I have Waze but don’t have an good mounting solution for the phone. I have a dash vent mount which works but don’t like covering the vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2017 and it doesn't show upcoming cross streets as you drive. So don't feel bad. I went into the settings thinking I needed to configure something but I don't see a way to display cross streets. Just bad programming and design.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use the built in Navi 90% if the time simply because it’s convenient. I have Waze but don’t have an good mounting solution for the phone. I have a dash vent mount which works but don’t like covering the vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out pro clip USA for the phone mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts