Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I prematurely bought these tools to remove the nav unit in my Treg. They arrived today but I had the unit replaced last weekend. :mad: Therefore, they have never been opened and are brand new! I'm pretty confident these tools will work on all stock radios/navs '04-'10. Someone can chime in if that is false :wink:

So I'm willing to sell them for $15 shipped. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Personally, if you don't need to get the money from them, just throw them in the center console or glove box. You may never know when you may need them again. You are correct, they work for any VW radio. I bought a set to remove the radio to replace the dash cubby for a covered one and that is all I bought them for.

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be fine if I still had my old navi in there. I don't think there's any use for them with the new one as there is no slot for them (to be honest, i don't know how i'd remove the new one) If there is a possible use for them in the future, I'd definitely keep them but I'm not aware of one.

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Ahh, so you went after market on the new one, understood.

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if i did something wrong but UPS says $63!!

I've never shipped internationally, except Canada. Does this seem right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Whoa hahahah that does seem a little steep LOL. It usually goes on the weight and size of the parcel !!!!! But they weight next to nothing and could go in one of those padded mail bags that you can get from any post office.
I think someone at UPS is having a bad day . ???

·
Registered
508 Posts
No worries. I bought some a couple of months ago. Just remember to jiggle them a bit but don't push too hard. Once you hear them click (x4) the radio just slides out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Too easy thanks for the heads up. I don't suppose you know anyone who is selling a RNS510 head unit for a 2007 Touareg ? Wife wants to be able to listen to her iPod through the car stereo.

·
Registered
508 Posts
There is a thread here somewhere explaining this....
I have a 2007 T2 with the RN S2. On the back are two sockets. On has a plug connected to it that is for the CD changer and the 3.5mm jack in the centre console (which is disconnected in mine because I have the Bluetooth phone kit.) You can buy iPhone kits with little black boxes that pretend to be the CD changer. They use this socket and you lose the CD changer.
Alternatively, the empty AV socket accepts one of these;
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d.
I have one; It plugs in to the vacant socket and you dont lose the CD changer. You also need to tap into 12V and an earth so it can charge your phone at the same time.
When the iPhone is not connected, everything else works as before (including the CD changer and hands free bluetooth.) To listen to iPhone music you select AUX.
There is a slight hiss when using it and the volume level is a little quieter than the other sources, but for $20 I can live with that. I wonder whether the hiss comes from transforming the 12V into 5V, because it does that somewhere along the way.
Cheaper than buying a RNS510.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts