Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed during my first oil change that the NACA duct in the second photo below was missing from my '05. Do all Tregs have them? What is its purpose? I looked above the belly pan in that location and didn't see any type of tranny cooler or other device which might be fed by a NACA duct.

Photo from this thread:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea where I might get a replacement? (Other than the dealer, of course.) I Googled multiple variations on NACA ducts for the Treg with no success.

Upon further inspection, the holes in the undertray definitely show signs of a fastener in them at one time. I'd be surprised if a part held on with so many fasteners simply fell off. It must have been removed/ stolen.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The plate with the NACA is held on by rivets. Also, looking at it again, the duct more likely is aiming cooling air at the catalytic converter attachment arm, which lies forward of the transfer case.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A cooling duct for the transfer case sounded more plausible. Why would the passenger side cat hanger need cooling, but not the driver's side? There is no duct on the driver's side and the cat hanger is virtually identical.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 04 V8 is missing the rear belly pan pictured above. does anyone have the part number so I can order a replacement?

TIA!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
7L0 825 231 AA

But I wouldn't bother replacing it. Too expensive. It offers almost no protection and acts mainly as a sound deadener.

I drove without mine for months before eventually replacing it with a steel one. Never had any issues with noise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks! 1st VW parts lists it as superceeded by part number 7L0 825 231 AH for $175.00 I think I will just leave it off, makes changing the oil faster too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts