Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. So this sound-- while car is running-- is coming from within the dashboard behind the steering wheel as best we can tell. I can't work out how to add an audio wave file? But basically it sounds like if you were to run your fingers down a fine tooth comb over and over. Sort of rhythmic like morse code or something? Side note, our Treg has randomly been refusing to start from time to time of late? It will crank and yet sometimes won't seem to turnover as if it won't catch a spark...I don't know if these two things are related--just seemed coincidental that the mysterious dash sound began soon after the starting issues.

Any thoughts would be helpful-- to help diagnose the problem. Thank you.
https://youtu.be/cGdP_vIIx88
Billy Baroo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for response. It's more like a mechanical sound that's in the dashboard behind the steering wheel--and more of a "clicking" that sounds like you're running your fingers down the teeth of a comb. I'll keep trying to load sound file and in the morning I'll take a video and see if I can load that like the link you shared--thx again

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,609 Posts
Possible relay chatter?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hear it too. I think it’s climate control flap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That will be some relay under the dash.
That will be some relay under the dash.
I read on one of the threads that the message prompt: "move selector to P" signifies that it might be a Kessy issue. And I've also read others saying that noisy relays and what not--either you fix them or deal with the noise. In you opinion, is this an issue I need to have fixed or can we just drive it until we have to get it fixed. ie. if its the kessy going bad--my understanding is that the car will become undriveable. Thoughts? thx

·
Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
102 Posts
I read on one of the threads that the message prompt: "move selector to P" signifies that it might be a Kessy issue. And I've also read others saying that noisy relays and what not--either you fix them or deal with the noise. In you opinion, is this an issue I need to have fixed or can we just drive it until we have to get it fixed. ie. if its the kessy going bad--my understanding is that the car will become undriveable. Thoughts? thx
Well I have no idea, where is the kessy module located. But every suggestion is worth to investigate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts