Club Touareg Forum banner

Mystery Green Indicator Light - Ideas?

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  noobytoogy 
#1 ·
Hi: This probably is a dumb question but I can't find answer online or in manual. I took a picture of a green indicator light that came on last weekend ( see photo) and am guessing it means I need to check my power steering fluid? Has anyone else seen it before? Probably will just go get fluid and top off - but would be nice to know precise meaning of green light.

I'm a little frustrated because my 2010 TDI has had an entire ECM replacement, new 4WD shaft and an entire exhaust system replacement (NOX, Adblue system+rez+sensor and Catalytic convertor) all in last 18 months. Lotta $$ and headaches. Good thing the car is decent offroad and very nice fuel efficiency (the V6 TDIs were not part of the "cheater software" if I understand correctly).

Advice welcome,
K

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi: This probably is a dumb question but I can't find answer online or in manual. I took a picture of a green indicator light that came on last weekend ( see photo) and am guessing it means I need to check my power steering fluid? Has anyone else seen it before? Probably will just go get fluid and top off - but would be nice to know precise meaning of green light.

I'm a little frustrated because my 2010 TDI has had an entire ECM replacement, new 4WD shaft and an entire exhaust system replacement (NOX, Adblue system+rez+sensor and Catalytic convertor) all in last 18 months. Lotta $$ and headaches. Good thing the car is decent offroad and very nice fuel efficiency (the V6 TDIs were not part of the "cheater software" if I understand correctly).

Advice welcome,
K
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that's the indicator that the heated steering wheel is activated

#3 ·
thank you the curtmaster!

..best news all week - never knew I had two buttons on the back of wheel and one was heated steering wheel.:):p:p:cool:

Just was able to quickly turn it off (will be 81F today so probably dont need it...) - and really appreciate your fast post and assistance.

sincerely,
k

#5 ·
Nothing to do with heated steering wheel - TAKE COVER - THE MARTIANS ARE COMING!!

#7 ·
Pissed is good - pissed off is NOT . . .

#8 ·
Actually, he is a martian and he is looking for a device to warm up mars. His research indicates that something that is not CARB compliant could raise the average temperature of Mars. Seems like something he read recently makes him think that VW has a diesel that might help him. LOLZ.

#9 ·
LOL. VERY good!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.