Club Touareg Forum banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
MY16 R-Line V8 Black (7P) + MY21 R-Line V8 Black (CR)
158 Posts
If you can share a complete scan of your touareg perhaps I help point out where the issue is, is is certainly the coding causing it.
I cannot find any measuring value for adblue level similar to let's say engine oil so they could be right, not that I am staying I am 100%
When you read the manual, the logic says it only has a low-level sensor. Which triggers the calculations as to maximum range left from the current consumption data(not sure which LT or from refill/Start).

Practical logic - OK in EU but troubling if you're in the Australian Outback with an Adblue shortage and lack of fuel stations = Pre-trip top up.

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 · (Edited)
Make sure you fill it up before going around Oz, good for 20k plus

·
Learner
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
64 Posts
Does anyone have the correct coding required for the tow bar installation? Wouldn't mind sharing that with the dealer when my car goes back on March 16th to fix the supposed faulty Adblue sensor.
I have had an update about my faulty vehicle with VW for over 2 months now. They decided it was a faulty ECM in the end and had to order a new one. I have a date of 7th June and all they can tell me is that it can change and I have no other update even though I've asked them to chase up a more definitive date as to when the part will be delivered. I am just wondering whether this fault would have come with the car as new and any recoding due to towbar addition would have shown up the fault. I'm wondering whether I have grounds to escalate this matter? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Learner
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I have had an update about my faulty vehicle with VW for over 2 months now. They decided it was a faulty ECM in the end and had to order a new one. I have a date of 7th June and all they can tell me is that it can change and I have no other update even though I've asked them to chase up a more definitive date as to when the part will be delivered. I am just wondering whether this fault would have come with the car as new and any recoding due to towbar addition would have shown up the fault. I'm wondering whether I have grounds to escalate this matter? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.
You can escalate for sure but the problem is supply, especially anything to do with chips.
Do a full scan and share or swing by next time you're in Sydney. I would like to give it a go with recoding as is, no harm in trying

Reactions: Elb91

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
64 Posts
You can escalate for sure but the problem is supply, especially anything to do with chips.
Do a full scan and share or swing by next time you're in Sydney. I would like to give it a go with recoding as is, no harm in trying
Would love to, however, VW will not release the vehicle to me without replacing the part. The car has been with them since late April. I'm not sure what I can do to get them to release the car. They say they cannot release the car to me. I didn't think they can hold the car against my will. Didn't push it because I thought it was a safety issue or liability issue for them.

·
Learner
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Would love to, however, VW will not release the vehicle to me without replacing the part. The car has been with them since late April. I'm not sure what I can do to get them to release the car. They say they cannot release the car to me. I didn't think they can hold the car against my will. Didn't push it because I thought it was a safety issue or liability issue for them.
What!? That's BS, only grounds could be if it was unsafe to do so.
But if it's just the towbar module issue and any potential impact in towing unsafely then they would just ask you not to tow or remove the tongue etc.
Dealership incompetence is what I sense, sorry to hear of this

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
64 Posts
What!? That's BS, only grounds could be if it was unsafe to do so.
But if it's just the towbar module issue and any potential impact in towing unsafely then they would just ask you not to tow or remove the tongue etc.
Dealership incompetence is what I sense, sorry to hear of this
Yeah it is and I’ve escalated the issue. It was also throwing up the Adblue error saying it will not start the engine in 500k but I’m sure they can reset that and I did ask.

If it’s delayed a lot longer I will ask for my car back and I respective of what they say I’ll push to have it back while they wait for the part. Might get someone locally to reset it for me if that’s even possible??

·
Learner
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Yeah it is and I’ve escalated the issue. It was also throwing up the Adblue error saying it will not start the engine in 500k but I’m sure they can reset that and I did ask.

If it’s delayed a lot longer I will ask for my car back and I respective of what they say I’ll push to have it back while they wait for the part. Might get someone locally to reset it for me if that’s even possible??
Did you top up adblue? Once done it should be fine

·
Learner
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Yes I've had over 20ltrs filled with Adblue and it hasn't made any difference.
Hmm, makes me think of redundancy when such a sensor fails to update the ecu. Getting a message that the car won't start in 500kms isn't something I would like if I was outback, etc.
Guess the easy way is to do a quick recode and tell the car it doesn't have scr and problem solved, till you can fix the root cause.
Why you got this issue so early in its life does make me think...

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
64 Posts
Hmm, makes me think of redundancy when such a sensor fails to update the ecu. Getting a message that the car won't start in 500kms isn't something I would like if I was outback, etc.
Guess the easy way is to do a quick recode and tell the car it doesn't have scr and problem solved, till you can fix the root cause.
Why you got this issue so early in its life does make me think...
I agree. It seems to me that it either had a pre-existing issue from new or something went very wrong with the electrical work installing tow-bar and Redarc brake controller.

·
Learner
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 · (Edited)
I agree. It seems to me that it either had a pre-existing issue from new or something went very wrong with the electrical work installing tow-bar and Redarc brake controller.
For that reason I don't trust anyone, sparkies with my Touareg.
Having said that ecu for scr is tucked away in the rear right of the boot.
I can't recall if it uses the same bus signal as towing module.... Will check

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
64 Posts
For that reason I don't trust anyone, sparkles with my Touareg.
Thank you. I'll have a look once I get my car back as well.
Also after telling the dealer that I have escalated, they have finally made the call to parts in Sydney for an update. Geeze they couldn't just do that in the first place? lol.

·
Registered
2014 V6 TDI 180kW with Interior Comfort Package and Sunroof
96 Posts
Thank you. I'll have a look once I get my car back as well.
Also after telling the dealer that I have escalated, they have finally made the call to parts in Sydney for an update. Geeze they couldn't just do that in the first place? lol.
That would involve doing more than 5/8ths of very little more than they feel they need to.........

·
Learner
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
64 Posts
For that reason I don't trust anyone, sparkies with my Touareg.
I recall someone here had a list of dealers that were competent at installing and coding the vehicle. I think it was a spreadsheet.

Can someone please upload it. Would much appreciate it.

The reason I ask is after waiting 2 months for my car to be repaired after the tow bar was installed, they still can’t get rid of all the errors. They have replaced the control unit and still have one more error. I’m about to speak with them about what that error is and ask for my car back to take somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,812 Posts
I recall someone here had a list of dealers that were competent at installing and coding the vehicle. I think it was a spreadsheet.

Can someone please upload it. Would much appreciate it.

The reason I ask is after waiting 2 months for my car to be repaired after the tow bar was installed, they still can’t get rid of all the errors. They have replaced the control unit and still have one more error. I’m about to speak with them about what that error is and ask for my car back to take somewhere else.
yep...was in this post below. But it is not a list of dealers/workshops who can assist with CR Towbar coding specifically. However, you may find a workshop who will be more knowledgable than the dealer you are dealing with.
Roger that. Have you perhaps tried any dealers in this list?
Recommended Touareg Mechanics

Clearly other dealers are capable of sorting this as you can see from Singh’s and other’s posts.

Reactions: Singh and Elb91
101 - 120 of 131 Posts