Club Touareg Forum banner
81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
77 Posts
Got my car back!

Spoke to VW as to why they needed to keep my car for two weeks. Answer was “we are concerned that we/you can’t see the Adblue level”. I took my 10 litre Adblue container with me and said that I’ll top it up with that and wait the two weeks for the tank to arrive thanks 😀😀
Does anyone have the correct coding required for the tow bar installation? Wouldn't mind sharing that with the dealer when my car goes back on March 16th to fix the supposed faulty Adblue sensor.

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Does anyone have the correct coding required for the tow bar installation? Wouldn't mind sharing that with the dealer when my car goes back on March 16th to fix the supposed faulty Adblue sensor.
It's a bit complex, there's no standard coding from what I know, reason being each model is different, even within the CR range there are differences across the years, and then there are differences based on optional features, take adblue, scr and module as an example, 2019 models here never got it so coding is different.
Having said that there are some common coding across the standard modules.
I scanned mine before and after installation, which was done perfectly, and have reported the modules that need coding but didn't spend the hour to map reach bit and byte changed.

Given the V8 and V6 Wolfsburg models are exactly the same except for the additional 2 cylinders ie extra engine ecu you will be safe to take this list and ensure they code the listed modules.
When I get some time I will try and extract exact changes.

Reactions: Elb91

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
77 Posts
It's a bit complex, there's no standard coding from what I know, reason being each model is different, even within the CR range there are differences across the years, and then there are differences based on optional features, take adblue, scr and module as an example, 2019 models here never got it so coding is different.
Having said that there are some common coding across the standard modules.
I scanned mine before and after installation, which was done perfectly, and have reported the modules that need coding but didn't spend the hour to map reach bit and byte changed.

Given the V8 and V6 Wolfsburg models are exactly the same except for the additional 2 cylinders ie extra engine ecu you will be safe to take this list and ensure they code the listed modules.
When I get some time I will try and extract exact changes.
Sorry did I miss where the list is you mentioned above, to ensure they code the listed modules? Thanks 🙏

·
Learner
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Sorry did I miss where the list is you mentioned above, to ensure they code the listed modules? Thanks 🙏
The first post of this thread

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
77 Posts
Just got car back today after they changed the Adblue tank to fix solid orange engine light issue. We know that it's a coding problem but oh well. Drove off and now it's throwing up an Adblue error saying it will cut the engine off in 1000km hahaha. So now they are admitting its a coding issue. Booked it in with Bayside Camberwell who are just up the road for me to get this sorted. Let's see what they diagnose. So can't really go far in my Treg until it goes back in to be diagnosed April 11th. Well at least I have a new Adblue tank hahaha. At this point the car computer can't tell there is at least 10 litres of Adblue in the tank. I also asked about having the ability to see the Adblue levels. I got told that apparently the 2021 Touareg doesn't come fitted with the Adblue level reader like the engine oil reader. I told them that it didn't make sense as there is a warning indicator at a certain level so there must be something reading the liquid level of the tank right? I didn't get a concrete answer to that one. I'll update you all as this unfolds.

·
Learner
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Just got car back today after they changed the Adblue tank to fix solid orange engine light issue. We know that it's a coding problem but oh well. Drove off and now it's throwing up an Adblue error saying it will cut the engine off in 1000km hahaha. So now they are admitting its a coding issue. Booked it in with Bayside Camberwell who are just up the road for me to get this sorted. Let's see what they diagnose. So can't really go far in my Treg until it goes back in to be diagnosed April 11th. Well at least I have a new Adblue tank hahaha. At this point the car computer can't tell there is at least 10 litres of Adblue in the tank. I also asked about having the ability to see the Adblue levels. I got told that apparently the 2021 Touareg doesn't come fitted with the Adblue level reader like the engine oil reader. I told them that it didn't make sense as there is a warning indicator at a certain level so there must be something reading the liquid level of the tank right? I didn't get a concrete answer to that one. I'll update you all as this unfolds.
If you can share a complete scan of your touareg perhaps I help point out where the issue is, is is certainly the coding causing it.
I cannot find any measuring value for adblue level similar to let's say engine oil so they could be right, not that I am staying I am 100%

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow what a bugger they haven't fixed it yet!!
Good luck mate 👍

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well VW Mt Gravatt (Brisbane) did an excellent job of fitting my tow bar and recoding. It took just over 4 hours, but everything works well with no faults. Thanks for the recommendation Singh!
I installed the red arc and Anderson plug myself last weekend, so all ready to tow the boat!!

·
Learner
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Well VW Mt Gravatt (Brisbane) did an excellent job of fitting my tow bar and recoding. It took just over 4 hours, but everything works well with no faults. Thanks for the recommendation Singh!
I installed the red arc and Anderson plug myself last weekend, so all ready to tow the boat!!
Good to know that you have been looked after! 👍

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
77 Posts
If you can share a complete scan of your touareg perhaps I help point out where the issue is, is is certainly the coding causing it.
I cannot find any measuring value for adblue level similar to let's say engine oil so they could be right, not that I am staying I am 100%
Thank you for you help Singh.🙏🏽

I’m tipping I will need to get the complete scan from the dealer? If so, do you know if it’s something they are likely to charge for and be open to giving out? What’s it likely to look like may I ask? Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
G’day Singh. Thanks for the post. Looking at the photos of the tow ball, it seems to be very close to the rear bumper (like my 2013). I‘m getting ready to tow with my Touareg and was worried about safely hitching up so as to avoid damage to the bumper. I have seen a towing aid at Repco called a ‘coupling-mate’ (see link below). Do you have any thoughts on this (or am I being unnecessarily paranoid!). Tim.

·
Learner
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Thank you for you help Singh.🙏🏽

I’m tipping I will need to get the complete scan from the dealer? If so, do you know if it’s something they are likely to charge for and be open to giving out? What’s it likely to look like may I ask? Thanks
They may, else depending upon where you are check if you have a fellow ct member with vcds close to you

·
Learner
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
G’day Singh. Thanks for the post. Looking at the photos of the tow ball, it seems to be very close to the rear bumper (like my 2013). I‘m getting ready to tow with my Touareg and was worried about safely hitching up so as to avoid damage to the bumper. I have seen a towing aid at Repco called a ‘coupling-mate’ (see link below). Do you have any thoughts on this (or am I being unnecessarily paranoid!). Tim.

I see your point, but for all the towing i have done it hasn't been an issue.
The rear camera is pretty darn good, press the tow bar icon on screen to guide the ball as you steer, and if you want more control flick to off-road mode for hitching

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
77 Posts
They may, else depending upon where you are check if you have a fellow ct member with vcds close to you
I’m in Melbourne but I would also be willing to purchase a vcds tool and learn how to use it. Do you have any recommendations on best place to purchase one and manual to use it with the CR? Thanks 🙏🏽

·
Learner
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I’m in Melbourne but I would also be willing to purchase a vcds tool and learn how to use it. Do you have any recommendations on best place to purchase one and manual to use it with the CR? Thanks 🙏🏽
I could be in Melbourne next week, Aussie distributor for Ross Tech is here in Sydney..in Brookvale, look them up and place order online
Once you have it we can get into how to use etc. Fairly straightforward

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
77 Posts
I could be in Melbourne next week, Aussie distributor for Ross Tech is here in Sydney..in Brookvale, look them up and place order online
Once you have it we can get into how to use etc. Fairly straightforward
It would be good to catchup when you’re in Melbourne if you have the time. I’ll look up the distributor and order one thanks 🙏🏽👍🏽

·
Learner
6,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
So you make an informed decision, cheaper alternative is obdeleven, nearly one third the price, the little dongles works over Bluetooth and one could argue it does most of what vcds will...there's threads here with various opinions. I have both.
With vcds you have a choice to get limited VIN versions vs unlimited, of course liberty comes at higher price.
Will drop you a pm when next I am there 👍

81 - 100 of 144 Posts