Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 80 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Now it seems that when they fitted the towbar, it caused an issue with the Adblue sensor. They now have to order a new Adblue tank with the sensor from Germany which takes 2 weeks. They can't read the Adblue level and don't how much is in the tank so advised to not drive the car. So they organised a hire car with Allianz. So the saga continues to fix the solid engine light issue. They reckon its to do with Adblue sensor issue. Let's see...
I don't think I have an Adblue tank in my Launch Edition? Can't you just put 20l in and drive it anyway? Surely that will last 2 weeks?

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's so weird! I have a 2019 4P3 CR7 Launch Edition and I can't see an Adblue tank/filler at all?
[/QUOTE
On the CR model, the filler is with the diesel filler - on the earlier 7P it's under/through the spare wheel.
Also strange that on my wife's Tiguan it has info on the Adblue in the digital screen info, but nothing in mine?

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,365 Posts
That's so weird! I have a 2019 4P3 CR7 Launch Edition and I can't see an Adblue tank/filler at all?
Australia runs behind Europe in introduction dates of new emissions requirements - my understanding is that Australia is still on Euro 5 for new cars - Euro 5 was mandatory in Europe from 2011.

Australian market CR Touaregs may not have half the emissions equipment fitted that Europe and North America do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Australia runs behind Europe in introduction dates of new emissions requirements - my understanding is that Australia is still on Euro 5 for new cars - Euro 5 was mandatory in Europe from 2011.

Australian market CR Touaregs may not have half the emissions equipment fitted that Europe and North America do.
Yeah understand that. But Touaregs have had Adblue since 2009. It must be there somewhere 🤣🤣 I'm getting my towbar installed next Thursday so I'll ask when I'm at VW 👍

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think Adblue came into Australian Tregs around the T4 ( gen 2 facelift) in 2015. My 2013 certainly does not have it

cheers
Rohan
Just found the answer! The 2019 Gen3 190kw was tuned to meet Euro 6 (or 5?) So Adblue not required. The 2021 170 and 210kw do have Adblue. Must be a different tune? Suits me though 👍😁

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
77 Posts
I woke up thinking exactly the same thing. Have just called them to buzz me back so I can pick my car. Rather it be with me fir 2 weeks for sure.
Got my car back!

Spoke to VW as to why they needed to keep my car for two weeks. Answer was “we are concerned that we/you can’t see the Adblue level”. I took my 10 litre Adblue container with me and said that I’ll top it up with that and wait the two weeks for the tank to arrive thanks 😀😀

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got my car back!

Spoke to VW as to why they needed to keep my car for two weeks. Answer was “we are concerned that we/you can’t see the Adblue level”. I took my 10 litre Adblue container with me and said that I’ll top it up with that and wait the two weeks for the tank to arrive thanks 😀😀
Great work mate! 👏

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I think Adblue came into Australian Tregs around the T4 ( gen 2 facelift) in 2015. My 2013 certainly does not have it

cheers
Rohan
Was there in some Aus T1 Touaregs as well, especially the R50 and V10s.
Don't think any 7Ps got it here in Australia.
2019 CRs don't have it either. Came in again with euro6 from 2020

·
Learner
6,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Also strange that on my wife's Tiguan it has info on the Adblue in the digital screen info, but nothing in mine?
Can you take a picture of the screen please.
Would be good to get a scan of the car as well, unsure where you are.
Wouldn't mind enabling the same on the touareg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can you take a picture of the screen please.
Would be good to get a scan of the car as well, unsure where you are.
Wouldn't mind enabling the same on the touareg
We are in Dayboro. Wife's Tiguan diesel got stolen 4 months ago. She now has a Tiguan 162 petrol R-line. Sorry mate 🙂
My Launch Edition defo doesn't have Adblue 👍

·
Learner
6,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
We are in Dayboro. Wife's Tiguan diesel got stolen 4 months ago. She now has a Tiguan 162 petrol R-line. Sorry mate 🙂
My Launch Edition defo doesn't have Adblue 👍
Sorry to hear that, hope she's enjoying the petrol replacement, but a bad engine that and none of the diesel issues.
Yep, launch editions missed out on the added complexity of reducing global emissions

Reactions: Kiwitd
61 - 80 of 144 Posts