Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 60 of 144 Posts

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Normally out to Moreton Island, in Moreton Bay. There are a bunch of wrecks out there and we can also go on the Eastern side (ocean side) to go whale watching in the right season!
Might catch you around, ride a mere jetski

·
Learner
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Glasses Chin Vision care Goggles Hairstyle

• Haha
Reactions: Singh

·
Registered
2013 V8 R-Line
388 Posts

·
Learner
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Reactions: Snerlo

·
Registered
2013 V8 R-Line
388 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 210TDI Elegance
41 Posts
newbie with a 2021 210 Elegance My22. What should I be expecting as a ballpark for installing OEM towbar kit and EBC of some description- perhaps Redarc.
Just after rough estimates so no need to name any dealers at this stage.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Touareg 210TDI R-Line Wolfsburg Edition Pure White
145 Posts
newbie with a 2021 210 Elegance My22. What should I be expecting as a ballpark for installing OEM towbar kit and EBC of some description- perhaps Redarc.
Just after rough estimates so no need to name any dealers at this stage.
Thanks.
VW Towbar and associated modules were about $2300 installed. Don't think about trying to skimp on adding the correct VW modules. The towbar itself fits neatly and keeps the ball overhang where VW specifies for ball weight management.

Yet to tow with it, but I'll be using an Elecbrakes trailer mounted EBC which has programming and manual override on a remote that connects to the trailer unit via Bluetooth. No vehicle side wiring required at all

·
Learner
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hey Singh, did you get a brake controller or Anderson put in as well?
Nope, not yet, but thats a diy for me. I don't trust any of the sparkies for the quality I seek in installation of either, have seen some of the work others have accepted, not for me.
Brake controller simply gets plugged in, into existing wiring in the footwell, only part you need to decide and appropriately place is the knob to set the control.
Anderson, similarly, run a wire from the source ie battery to the back, follow the towbar cables at the back, there are outlets, grommets on either rear ends...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nope, not yet, but thats a diy for me. I don't trust any of the sparkies for the quality I seek in installation of either, have seen some of the work others have accepted, not for me.
Brake controller simply gets plugged in, into existing wiring in the footwell, only part you need to decide and appropriately place is the knob to set the control.
Anderson, similarly, run a wire from the source ie battery to the back, follow the towbar cables at the back, there are outlets, grommets on either rear ends...
Yeah thanks. I would normally diy the Anderson and brake controller as well, just wasn't sure about what electronics it might effect (brake controller not Anderson) but if it's plug-in then that's easy. Yeah Anderson is easy. Cheers

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
77 Posts
That doesn't sound right, there should be no impact on nav booting up and there should be no engine light come on.
They obviously have no idea on how to code it properly
Now it seems that when they fitted the towbar, it caused an issue with the Adblue sensor. They now have to order a new Adblue tank with the sensor from Germany which takes 2 weeks. They can't read the Adblue level and don't how much is in the tank so advised to not drive the car. So they organised a hire car with Allianz. So the saga continues to fix the solid engine light issue. They reckon its to do with Adblue sensor issue. Let's see...

·
Learner
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Now it seems that when they fitted the towbar, it caused an issue with the Adblue sensor. They now have to order a new Adblue tank with the sensor from Germany which takes 2 weeks. They can't read the Adblue level and don't how much is in the tank so advised to not drive the car. So they organised a hire car with Allianz. So the saga continues to fix the solid engine light issue. They reckon its to do with Adblue sensor issue. Let's see...
From what I know it's the incorrect coding that's causing the solid engine light... Recode BCM and .....oh well let's see if replacing adblue tank and sensor helps....bizarre

Reactions: Elb91

·
Registered
2015 R Line V8
2,970 Posts
41 - 60 of 144 Posts