Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 40 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Touareg 210TDI R-Line Wolfsburg Edition Pure White
123 Posts
Back to the dealer pre delivery centre today apparently to have the kick to open sensor moved to one side so it's not behind the hitch. It now at least works, but seems fussier than before fitting the towbar. I'll live with it for a while and learn the quirks before deciding whether it is a pass or fail.

Seems it was just bad luck for me that mine was the first MY21 they had done before I complained and they found out that the sensor move is required . You'd think that would be in the tow bar kit fitting work instruction ... :(

·
Registered
MY21 V8 Wolfsburg Black
77 Posts
Had mine done recently and sensor works fine but for some reason my engine light stays permanently on. They said it doesn't affect anything but i need to take it back so they can work through with UK to find why its happening. Little things like the Sat Nav is a little slow to start up after coding but nothing else major.

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Had mine done recently and sensor works fine but for some reason my engine light stays permanently on. They said it doesn't affect anything but i need to take it back so they can work through with UK to find why its happening. Little things like the Sat Nav is a little slow to start up after coding but nothing else major.
That doesn't sound right, there should be no impact on nav booting up and there should be no engine light come on.
They obviously have no idea on how to code it properly

·
Learner
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
And they wanted to have the car for a week to find the problem and I said no way, fix it within 2 days thanks.
That's rubbish, is this a VW dealer you are referring to?
I could do this all in about 10mins.

Reactions: Elb91

·
Registered
606 Posts
Reactions: Elb91

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the group as I am taking delivery of my 2019 Launch Edition next week (to replace my Jeep GC) 👍 can anyone recommend a dealer/tech to install a towbar and brake controller in Brisbane? I have a Mustang 2400 cruiser, so need a towbar fairly soon 😁 Cheers Tony

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the group as I am taking delivery of my 2019 Launch Edition next week (to replace my Jeep GC) 👍 can anyone recommend a dealer/tech to install a towbar and brake controller in Brisbane? I have a Mustang 2400 cruiser, so need a towbar fairly soon 😁 Cheers Tony
Cool boat. Never heard of a Mustang. Turns out its an Aussie boat brand. Very cool!

Reactions: Kiwitd

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Yep it will no problem. Do you guys launch it or slip it?

·
Learner
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Try mt Gravatt, ask for Willem

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts