Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 19 of 22 Posts

Registered
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the group as I am taking delivery of my 2019 Launch Edition next week (to replace my Jeep GC) 馃憤 can anyone recommend a dealer/tech to install a towbar and brake controller in Brisbane? I have a Mustang 2400 cruiser, so need a towbar fairly soon 馃榿 Cheers Tony

Registered

Registered

Registered
Nope, not yet, but thats a diy for me. I don't trust any of the sparkies for the quality I seek in installation of either, have seen some of the work others have accepted, not for me.
Brake controller simply gets plugged in, into existing wiring in the footwell, only part you need to decide and appropriately place is the knob to set the control.
Anderson, similarly, run a wire from the source ie battery to the back, follow the towbar cables at the back, there are outlets, grommets on either rear ends...
Yeah thanks. I would normally diy the Anderson and brake controller as well, just wasn't sure about what electronics it might effect (brake controller not Anderson) but if it's plug-in then that's easy. Yeah Anderson is easy. Cheers

Registered
Now it seems that when they fitted the towbar, it caused an issue with the Adblue sensor. They now have to order a new Adblue tank with the sensor from Germany which takes 2 weeks. They can't read the Adblue level and don't how much is in the tank so advised to not drive the car. So they organised a hire car with Allianz. So the saga continues to fix the solid engine light issue. They reckon its to do with Adblue sensor issue. Let's see...
I don't think I have an Adblue tank in my Launch Edition? Can't you just put 20l in and drive it anyway? Surely that will last 2 weeks?

Registered
That's so weird! I have a 2019 4P3 CR7 Launch Edition and I can't see an Adblue tank/filler at all?
[/QUOTE
On the CR model, the filler is with the diesel filler - on the earlier 7P it's under/through the spare wheel.
Also strange that on my wife's Tiguan it has info on the Adblue in the digital screen info, but nothing in mine?

Registered
Australia runs behind Europe in introduction dates of new emissions requirements - my understanding is that Australia is still on Euro 5 for new cars - Euro 5 was mandatory in Europe from 2011.

Australian market CR Touaregs may not have half the emissions equipment fitted that Europe and North America do.
Yeah understand that. But Touaregs have had Adblue since 2009. It must be there somewhere 馃ぃ馃ぃ I'm getting my towbar installed next Thursday so I'll ask when I'm at VW 馃憤

Registered
I think Adblue came into Australian Tregs around the T4 ( gen 2 facelift) in 2015. My 2013 certainly does not have it

cheers
Rohan
Just found the answer! The 2019 Gen3 190kw was tuned to meet Euro 6 (or 5?) So Adblue not required. The 2021 170 and 210kw do have Adblue. Must be a different tune? Suits me though 馃憤馃榿

Registered
Got my car back!

Spoke to VW as to why they needed to keep my car for two weeks. Answer was 鈥渨e are concerned that we/you can鈥檛 see the Adblue level鈥. I took my 10 litre Adblue container with me and said that I鈥檒l top it up with that and wait the two weeks for the tank to arrive thanks 馃榾馃榾
Great work mate! 馃憦

Registered
Can you take a picture of the screen please.
Would be good to get a scan of the car as well, unsure where you are.
Wouldn't mind enabling the same on the touareg
We are in Dayboro. Wife's Tiguan diesel got stolen 4 months ago. She now has a Tiguan 162 petrol R-line. Sorry mate 馃檪
My Launch Edition defo doesn't have Adblue 馃憤

Registered
Just got car back today after they changed the Adblue tank to fix solid orange engine light issue. We know that it's a coding problem but oh well. Drove off and now it's throwing up an Adblue error saying it will cut the engine off in 1000km hahaha. So now they are admitting its a coding issue. Booked it in with Bayside Camberwell who are just up the road for me to get this sorted. Let's see what they diagnose. So can't really go far in my Treg until it goes back in to be diagnosed April 11th. Well at least I have a new Adblue tank hahaha. At this point the car computer can't tell there is at least 10 litres of Adblue in the tank. I also asked about having the ability to see the Adblue levels. I got told that apparently the 2021 Touareg doesn't come fitted with the Adblue level reader like the engine oil reader. I told them that it didn't make sense as there is a warning indicator at a certain level so there must be something reading the liquid level of the tank right? I didn't get a concrete answer to that one. I'll update you all as this unfolds.
Wow what a bugger they haven't fixed it yet!!
Good luck mate 馃憤

Registered
Well VW Mt Gravatt (Brisbane) did an excellent job of fitting my tow bar and recoding. It took just over 4 hours, but everything works well with no faults. Thanks for the recommendation Singh!
I installed the red arc and Anderson plug myself last weekend, so all ready to tow the boat!!

1 - 19 of 22 Posts