Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would seem VW have listened and have replaced the Polo steering wheel in the MY21 facelift

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yes, with a Golf 8 one....well the new corporate Volkswagen wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where did you get that picture from? there's no information on the my21 model right?
Apart from the R hybrid verison.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,478 Posts
Steering wheel in Pic has a GTI badge = cant be a Treg.
Flipper did say it was the new Golf one. His comment and picture was to show it's the new corporate standard from VW.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2021 Tiguan R-Line wheel, so for sure new corporate design

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,478 Posts
and the prices/specifications are being released
2021 Volkswagen Touareg pricing and specification

For those who want the footnotes:
2021 Volkswagen Touareg Australian pricing
  • Touareg 170TDI - $81,490
  • Touareg 210TDI Elegance - $99,490
  • Touareg 210TDI R-Line - $108,490
  • Touareg V8 310TDI R-Line - $136,490

Options
  • Innovision package (170TDI) - $8000
  • Sound & Comfort package (170TDI and 210TDI Elegance) - $8000
  • Sound & Comfort package (210TDI R-Line) - $6500
  • Panoramic sunroof (210TDIs and V8) - $3000

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BUYER BEWARE.............
Those newbies planning to buy for towing something, choose your model carefully.

·
Registered
MY16 R-Line V8 Black (7P) + MY21 R-Line V8 Black (CR)
91 Posts
Gone are the 10% Mass weight guestimates for ball weight. Tyre width & profile, ride height & suspension all comes into the equation. Transport departments are cracking down on mismatched loads, and they are performing roadside weighing. This includes a Download test. Though by adding or emptying water to the tanks, or packing forward or aft most folk can get the balance right. $60 gets eBay ball weight scales.

Get the V8 & pull the paint off the sides of the van......

I like the swing away ball option though.

·
Registered
2013 V8 R-Line
320 Posts
BUYER BEWARE.............
Those newbies planning to buy for towing something, choose your model carefully.
View attachment 238380
Yeah, that is going to catch ALOT of people out. Real shame. You can have all the power you would ever need with the V8, and if you have your family along, you probably couldn't even pull a camper trailer. Crazy!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
One more reason to stay with the older 7L/early 7P models.
There must be very valid reasons for VW to shoot themselves in the foot with the aussie towing fraternity, very sad, just as we began seeing more Touaregs on the road (and getting good press) being used as tugs.

I'm sure if they were interested, they could come up with a accessory, (cost) option for towing 280-300kgs and I bet it would be a good earner for them......😰

TonyB

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One more reason to stay with the older 7L/early 7P models.
Limits you to a V6 if you want to tow, which makes V8 rather pointless really.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,478 Posts
Reactions: evaddirb

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hell no it fact far from it - just get the van rebalanced.

If you have an old van that hangs everything on the ball, the chances Transport guys will catch up with you on the road in anycase.

Fun fact if your vehicle is rated at 3000+kg, and you are towing then the NSW truck speed cameras apply - even if its a box trailer full of fairyfloss.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't say that....how else can we convince @Bhannaford to get one?
@ Steve_L Like brickwalls mentions let's give a lesson in van re-balancing.

Clever van adaptive air suspension could fix any ball weight_issue, surely.............. Just saying........ weigh_tissue :)

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Fun fact if your vehicle is rated at 3000+kg, and you are towing then the NSW truck speed cameras apply - even if its a box trailer full of fairyfloss.
First I've heard of this, mind sharing where this information is coming from?

Thanks,

TonyB

·
Registered
91 Posts
The NSW RMS wording is.
What vehicles are affected by average speed enforcement?
"Heavy vehicles and trailers with a Gross Vehicle Mass greater than 4.5 tonnes."
So add your loaded Touareg to a 2+t van set up & you're in the zone.

A Wagga mate got a surprise in the mail, he had an empty horse float hitched to his Saraha (3350 GMV). When chatting to a pigeon pair of Nomads in a NSW caravan park, about the size of their GMC + Cell vans, they said they were both been fined for doing 110kmh in a 110kmh zone.

There is, amongst a few other things, mention of it here.
*sorry link just a refrence not attempting to redirect folk to other forums :coffee:

NB. I didn't know about Tassies 90kmh towing limit either, not until I had a chat with someone on the return trip on the Spirit.:censored:

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,478 Posts
NB. I didn't know about Tassies 90kmh towing limit either, not until I had a chat with someone on the return trip on the Spirit.:censored:
Aren't the speed limits for Tassie signposted before you leave the marshalling/quarantine area at Devonport? Also, pretty sure they are hi-lighted as you leave the airports, and rental car companies do provide that info to all clients.
And the Tassie limit USED TO BE 90kph when towing with a trailer, but they appear to have taken some corners out of the roads, filled some potholes - j/k and increased the limit to 100kph now ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts