Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm in the business for new car and I narrowed down to Touareg. Its a quite big step up for me as I'm currently driving Kia sportage.

But I'm bit lost about the engine options. Both 150TDI Element and V6 have exactly the same engine, 150TDi just has 30kw.

V6 is about 10k more expensive but come with adaptive suspensions and more power but is it worth the extra cash?

I do heaps of driving on highways and country road but not much off-road.

I do not really care about fuel consumption as that is paid by employer.

What do you think?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Easy. If your employer is happy to pay, buy the more expensive option. If you are shopping for value for money, you will probably find the 150TDI adequate for your needs.

Do some test drives to help you decide.

I am more than happy with my 150TDI and do not miss any missing tweaks or the marginal difference in power/torque. At the time of purchase, I considered the more expensive model and options, but decided to hold on to the cash.

Because of the diesel-gate issues that are affecting VW sales, you should be able to negotiate a good deal either way.

·
Registered
237 Posts
At the end of the day its what you are happiest with but there is a lot more than power that is the difference I did buy mine for the 550 Nm torque I tow 3 tonne and the difference in torque is very noticeable but its the nappa leather rns 850 with gps bigger wheels air suspension wood grain trim instead of brushed metal im sure there is a bit more to add but there is a bit more for your 10k than 30 Kw's
Colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.