Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys! Im back and this time I went a little bigger....

305/60r18 Mickey Thompson MTZs! on 18" Cayenne Wheels.

35mm Wheel Spacer and 57mm Lift Using the factory air suspension.

Here are the results...

The details are I had to trim my rocker in the front to make clearance for turning, VCDS allowed me to raise the front about 40mm before getting upset so I had to shorten the sensor arms to trick the system into thinking the vehicle was sitting lower than it actualy is and that gave me my additional 17mm. the rear was raised completely with VCDS.

Its good to be back and im so much happier with the look of the 305/60r18 vs the skinnier tire on my TDI

Thanks!
Dillon

:joy:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Looks great. Hows the CV angles?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
On fleek!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Here is a pic of the CV Shaft.

Thanks!

Perfectly acceptable angles. Nice!

Sent from my Hisense C20 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So... Did another winch install.... These pictures are probably going to look very familiar to some of you but I assure you they are all new photos of the new install, haha.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Looks nice, good work.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow I cant believe how slick the winch looks!! Servicing may be a bitch, but after how many time you have taken that bumper off doesn't seem like an issue

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those sensors in the front were shorten by how much ? And from which arm? The one on the sensor or the shaft in the middle?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
The winch is amazing!!!
And. About the suspension when you have it high does it. BEcome super stiff like in stock mode on its highest setting?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great looking build. I'll have a similar front bumper setup in the works soon. Roof rack first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
AWESOME build! cant wait for the updates... and thanks ahead of time. your first tdi treg build is what inspired me to finally take the plunge and buy my own touareg. Props to you for all the inspiration and tutorials of your build and custom projects.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts