Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have had a kind of twisting rear on my Touareg 3.2 V6 since I bought it. Experience this twist especially after taking a sharp turn right in low speed. It's as if something hangs up and drops after a few meters when the vehicle's gearing. Do someone know what this could be?? Terrible annoying. Had the car at the workshop in Larvik, but they could not find any errors on it. One thing is certain .... it must be something. It really change direction and I have to correct the direction, not much but a little. I just wonder if someone had the same experience before?

·
Super Moderator
9,467 Posts
Do you have the locking rear diff option on your Treg? I remember people saying before that had them having weird handling issues, but I never heard what the fix was.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried to find out what this is, and I've got a few answares from several places. It seams that the Stepper motor has to be replaced. The old motor that has the A in the part number is the old and very often fails to releace the senter diff. This is a common problem om Tregs from 2004 - late 2006. I dont know if VW has any campains on this problems but the motor costs approximately $430 and a couple of working hours to get fixed.

Some sais that the problem can cause "chopped tires", this happened to mine Treg as well.

Here is a link where I found somthing about the problem: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2653188

1 - 3 of 3 Posts