Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lubed it, the dealer has lubed it but this noise always comes back. I just sprayed a bunch a crc 6-65 and it's now noise free but the noise will return. I can see that it's still sorta "shaking" as it closes. Here is the sound, does your's do this? It will even make this noise, though not sustained with I hit a bump.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Df1Qk0tiHSUFRRdkVEdS1VZG8/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds like the cables or gears are slipping. Does it matter if the shade is retracted separately from the roof or not?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fleabag,

Mine started doing this around 35,000 miles. Exact same noise. Lubing would temporarily fix for maybe a week and only sometimes. Really it would mostly just quiet it down. I tried everything to fix it. Cleaned out tracks and relubed, had the dealer lube it, tried re-aligning the panels, had two dealers try aligning the panels. There were a lot of posts about the pano on CT but never could find one with this specific issue.

In the end I made a claim on my extended warranty to replace the sunroof frame at the dealer's recommendation. I was very hesitant to do this because it involved removal of my whole headliner. Glad I did it though--has worked perfectly ever sine and the dealer did a great job not damaging anything. If you're under warranty I would suggest the same before you're no longer under warranty. I really believe it was the only way to fix it... I truly tried everything on the damn thing and never could get it. Even spent $80 on the two fancy VW lubes... waste of time and money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's funny watching your video again... mine would make the exact same noise at the exact same rate. Really creaky when it was first opened and then "click... click... click..." consistently as it slid back.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's funny watching your video again... mine would make the exact same noise at the exact same rate. Really creaky when it was first opened and then "click... click... click..." consistently as it slid back.
Thanks for the detailed response. It also makes a creek when I go over bumps.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts