Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Wheat Beige V8 Treg with Anthracite Leather, Premium Package Plus (Nav, Keyless Entry, Air Suspension, Bi-Xenon etc), Winter package, Locking rear Diff, Parking Assistance, etc,etc.) Only options it does not have are 4Zone Air and OnStar. Got it for $5,000 below MSRP.

Found the deal on the internet through the VW website. Found one with options I wanted and sent email to dealer. Got immediate response with price. This was last Thur. Drove to dealer (40 miles) on Saturday and test drove my Treg. Was more impressed than I expected. Went next door and test drove a new MB ML500 costing $51K, what a disappointment. Like driving an Escape with high class leather and DVD nav, sealed the deal for Treg. No doubt after the ML500 test drive.

I almost changed my mind after reading posts on problem/bugs section of this forum. Hoping not to have any of these problems.

· Registered
113 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Check the Born on date. It seems that they have most of the kinks worked out. Not too many built since 10/03 have had major problems. Good Luck!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was born in late 11/03. Build date was one of the first things I checked. I was surprised to find new Treg at several dealers with VIN lower than 10000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.