Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

Nick here from Switzerland... I just bought a Touareg V10 TDI from 2003. 108000 km and really enjoying it so far.

I came across the community as I've had a few questions regarding various aspects of the car and all of the answers linked up to clubtouareg.com... It's reassuring to see there is such a cool community of users ready to help each other.

Looking forward to be part of it.
Nick

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The most important thing with an early V10 is to ensure it has EXACTLY the right engine oil in the sump to avoid premature camshaft lobe wear. If you don't know this already, find out ASAP. Even some VW dealers don't know this!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most important thing with an early V10 is to ensure it has EXACTLY the right engine oil in the sump to avoid premature camshaft lobe wear. If you don't know this already, find out ASAP. Even some VW dealers don't know this!
Hi there. Thanks for the valuable advice... I'm planning an oil change right away in fact.

When you mention "EXACTLY the right engine oil" is this the grade indicated in the book or does it need something superior to that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.