Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,451 Posts
It also results in the engine being further forward and all that weight is ahead of the front axle which theorectically at least does not help the handling. But like they say of the evolution of rear engine Porsche handling over the last 60 years ......"its a triumph of engineering over physics"
That's also caused in part by the CR's switch to the MLB-Evo platform which has some FWD-only models in the Audi saloon ranges - this requires the engine to be totally ahead of the front drive shafts.

· Registered
13 Posts
I have had no mechanical issues whatsoever however I’m thinking that the transmission would have been working overtime towing 3.4t for 50,000km. I have always done mid service interval oil and oil filter changes.
1 not sure how to do it ( I couldn’t find on YouTube )
2 Vw tell me the transmission fluid should never need changing and I’m worried if I change it that may affect warranty.
Thoughts?
Hi, I had a ATF flush and transmission service on my 2016 Touareg at 75k prior to completing a 8,000km trip to SA , NT and back to QLD in June-July this year. Maintaining the running gear fluids, diff gear oils and regular engine oil changes (every 7-10k) is critical to the vehicle performance when towing heavy caravans. Think about the stress the vehicle is under due to Australian conditions. Servicing the transmission is not a difficult task, (a number of Youtube videos available). However the torque convertor holds most of the ATF and the transmission service replaces less than half of the ATF. VW will recommend what is best for VW and may not be in the customers best interest. If your vehicle has done over 100k an ATF flush is not recommended, but a transmission service should be considered when your vehicle is working hard towing heavy loads.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts