Club Touareg Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go on my 3.0 tdi build...coming from a 2.0tdi with 240hp this thing needs some love :).....so long term is 300+ hp with a gtb 2260 hybrid turbo....heres the start

my buzzken exhaust and we were setting up a baseline for my tune...should have the tune and exhaust in this weekend.

dpf delete
def delete
all cat deletes
downpipe
stage 2 jr tuning tune

anyone is curious there is 13 or more faults with everything unplugged that needs to be deleted. Im keen to see how it turns out.....oh and we figured out gear indication for the n/a t3s

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
This looks interesting . . . .

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i hope so :) ...... this is my 3rd tdi so im not new to them, however this is the first v6. On our way home my buddies mk6 jetta nearly beat a s5 on the highway, not bad 2L tdi lol

Ive been waiting to get a treg for 5 years, been planning this out for a long time....as far as i know im likely one of the first if not the first to do this to a t3 in ontario which is very fun. If my tuner can work magic like he did to my buddies and my old 2.0 to this then ill be very happy.....Now dont get it wrong im not making this or trying to make it into a race car i just simply want a bit more power, no emission stuff or adblue to worry about....longer engine and turbo life as well with greatly reduced egts and restrictions.

If i wanted crazy id do what my tuner did lol his bmw x5 is 500hp

·
Registered
860 Posts

dpf delete
def delete
all cat deletes

downpipe
stage 2 jr tuning tune

anyone is curious there is 13 or more faults with everything unplugged that needs to be deleted. Im keen to see how it turns out.....oh and we figured out gear indication for the n/a t3s

Is this even possible on these? Is it possible to "fool" the computer into thinking that it's doing regens, and that it is adding DEF at the correct rate?

I'll be watching this thread for more info. This could be interesting...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
If i wanted crazy id do what my tuner did lol his bmw x5 is 500hp
I take it that Malone is doing the tune with Ken's help? I have his exhaust on my MK VI Golf and a Malone stage 2 as well.

What's the stock turbo on the 2012 Touareg TDI? If they can get that GTB 2260 hybrid turbo dialed in, it should crank out the HP and torque.

Ken also owns a T2 3.0 TDI, I wonder if he has it tune yet and if so, what kind of HP it puts out?

Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is this even possible on these? Is it possible to "fool" the computer into thinking that it's doing regens, and that it is adding DEF at the correct rate?

Typically you don't need to bother with that much intricacy. You just delete the signal that indicates a failure when those things fail. Tests typically don't look for the actual behavior, they just check that there is no fault indicated by it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Of course it is possible...there are already tuned v6 tdis running deletes all over europe and some here in older t2s.
I take it that Malone is doing the tune with Ken's help? I have his exhaust on my MK VI Golf and a Malone stage 2 as well.

What's the stock turbo on the 2012 Touareg TDI? If they can get that GTB 2260 hybrid turbo dialed in, it should crank out the HP and torque.

Ken also owns a T2 3.0 TDI, I wonder if he has it tune yet and if so, what kind of HP it puts out?

Good luck with your build.
No not malone (nothing against malone..i love malone tunes)...ken sold the t2 but it was tuned and he put a standard 2260 in it..its quite nice actually but he wants to try a hybrid so were going to order 2....the guy who bought his t2 makes his exhaust for him.

ken has a bmw x5 and bmw 335d now

new tune company as malone has adblue issues that can cause later issues...hp on stock t3 turbo (2056) will be 285hp 467tq ish...2013+ ts have a gtb2060 but with engine layout change makes turbo swaps harder.

More will be added here shortly :) kens the man tho lol

Typically you don't need to bother with that much intricacy. You just delete the signal that indicates a failure when those things fail. Tests typically don't look for the actual behavior, they just check that there is no fault indicated by it.
Ah see this isnt what we are doing, this may work short term however the company we are working with is a germany affiliate with extensive engineering background...has a great deal of adblue experience with bmw and benz and audi/vw. The issue is when you just delete everything you render most the cel useless so something may go wrong yet you will never know....next issue is it may lock in limp mode with no way to know why we have seen this already...or worse you go away for a trip come back start your treg and you have low def lock out now your stuck.

Long and short is we are restructuring the ecu programming not just deleting items. Dpf deletes for jettas and stuff much simpler as there is no system lockouts like adblue cars

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here the tuner device....handheld tuning and obd2. Plus it scans codes even tho i have a vag-com, its nice to be able to get email update tunes and retune myself

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
here the tuner device....handheld tuning and obd2. Plus it scans codes even tho i have a vag-com, its nice to be able to get email update tunes and retune myself http://s177.photobucket.com/user/savageman69_2007/media/DSC01023_zpsyqjvhr2v.jpg.html
I own two of them, one for my Touareg and one for my Golf. I agree that these tools are a much better improvement to sending your ECU in for a bench flash. Plus having the ability to do some VCDS logs and have your tuner update your tune is a big benefit as well

Rectangle Technology Electronic device Square Wood

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I own two of them, one for my Touareg and one for my Golf. I agree that these tools are a much better improvement to sending your ECU in for a bench flash. Plus having the ability to

View attachment 141026

do some VCDS logs and have your tuner update your tune is a big benefit as well.
yep im only 2hrs from kens office so not a huge deal but its still nice to have tho

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright update is i just loaded the tune in, pulled the src fuses and gave it a whirl....its a jr tuning 2.5 tune (special request as my tuner knows i like to run her more then normal lol) so most safe power and raised egt limiter.

Only got about 10kms on just for test ride before it goes in tomorrow for exhaust install.

thoughts...WAY better, stronger, faster and more responsive....the mid range use to kinda just rev and not really go...not anymore it pulls fast and hard very impressive. Do a little brake boost and launch and its gone off the line like no tomorrow.

Zero issues as of yet, no codes no lights...i even ran a full vcds scan when i got home and no faults at all.

I will get some videos this weekend with any luck, some more pictures and impressions of the exhaust and tune as we move forward. Really pumped to throw the hybrid turbo in, in a couple months

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
exhaust is in.....downpipe was a pain and the 6 bolts clamping the exhaust flanges the nuts were rotted. just as an fyi...the rest was pretty simple.

dpf, scr adblue, differential pressure tubes, down pipe and sensors out

Downpipe in

Dpf delete pipe to downpipe connection

Thats better

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So i have about 200kms on the exhaust and tune now...and let me start by saying OMG. This is not the same machine its so much better. It no longer falls on its face around 80-100km+ now it pulls and keeps pulling. Sound with stock muffler is super tame inside and not bad outside either.
The throttle response is much much better, more power everywhere...Now keep in mind this tune was requested by me thats why there is some haze of smoke i asked for aggressive. Transmission is exact same no issues shifting is still uber smooth and quick.
Went to the city and ended up having a little friendly race with my buddies 2013 jetta tdi that is stage 3.6 malone tuned, cr170 turbo and 4bar map running 30psi....and off the line of course i was gone...but i held him off pretty easily until 165km/h which shocked me and him as that jetta is QUICK.

Over all this is better then i expected and runs flawlessly...no lights, no codes, no stutters. anyone on the fence...DO IT..brake boost at the line and it nearly pulls the front tires off the ground unreal.

heres a small sample i plan to get more as well.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Damn that thing gets moving super quick! Can you pm more details on the tune?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn that thing gets moving super quick! Can you pm more details on the tune?
Yes it does...video doesn't even do it justice i will add more videos and stuff soon...not to mention a bigger turbo lol.

Of course i will pm you infact i will give you my tuners info he also makes the exhaust so its a one stop shop. Great guy and very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
likely wont happen...no dynos around and far less 4 wheel dynos, plus i really dont care what the numbers are i can see, feel and hear the difference. I dont fancy paying money to get a piece of paper with numbers on it...specially when every dyno is different and with no base dyno to compare to you might as well just draw one with crayons

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I dont fancy paying money to get a piece of paper with numbers on it...specially when every dyno is different and with no base dyno to compare to you might as well just draw one with crayons
It's okay, chaps, one of the extra horses has obliged . . .

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.