Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got my exhaust done and thought I'd share the route I went.

I had the unfortunate experience with Troy Kirk and did end up getting my money back for the "DPF delete". Well he decided to send me one anyways, for free. Comes in and it's just a down pipe. So I kicked around even using it for a while. Well I did and I'm glad I did.

I heat wrapped it and sealed it with silicone heat wrap paint from DEI.

I took it down to a local exhaust shop who made the mid section for me. Full 3" stainless mandrel to the stock rear section (2.5"). So I've deleted the Cat as well as the SCR and DPF.

Here is a video of the sounds in and out of the car.
Inside:

And outside
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VWDiesel/permalink/964573293619720/

I have a couple questions.
I normally run the Liqui Moly 4200 but without the DPF what can I run in the Liqui Moly family.

Also I've gotten an overboost code a few times. The tune was updated to a DPF delete, but it's possible that the cat was not deleted in the tune as well. I'm waiting on a response. If the tune is good, which I'm guessing it is due to how the logs look, then I guess I'm looking at a turbo issue.

This is my second boost log, I logged it cruising around 2500rpm because that's where the codes were being thrown, sure enough I noticed a difference so I logged it. That's the flat section.

Haven't had this issue before the exhaust, so I'm hoping it's just a tune and lack of back pressure issue, but it seems random so it's probably not.

·
Registered
848 Posts
If the DPF is out, you can definitely use a higher ash content oil.

As far as the overboosting goes, it's very possible it's from the removal of all restrictions along the exhaust. If you can't change the boost manually (I have zero tuning experience with these cars), then you'd have to go back to the tuner to adjust accordingly. He SHOULD be able to correct it if you send him the data logs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea already sent them to Mark Malone. But the overboost is not under full load only partial it would seem. I assume it's when I'm on the interstate and going up one of the small hills with cruise control on.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yea already sent them to Mark Malone. But the overboost is not under full load only partial it would seem. I assume it's when I'm on the interstate and going up one of the small hills with cruise control on.
That's def a result of less backpressure. He should be able to dial it down. It's spooling up faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts