Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi members, I hope I can find some advice from you guys that will help.

I own an 05 2.5tdi which I bought a year ago.
It's been serviced every year from new and only has 60k on the clock.
I know the previous owner who was a single lady owner and never towed or been abused off road.

I had new disks, pads and tyres all round and drove it for a couple of months with no issues.
Then the down hill decent, ABS and warning triangle lights all came on together.
Made no difference to the driving but after some research found that it's most likely the old type stepper motor. I took it to the VW dealers, told them that but they said the fault code was the front right ABS sensor dead and possibly the rear left. To be fair I did notice on the rare occasion the front right snatching when stopping and once when pulling away.
They changed the front bearing and sensor at a considerable cost but when I got it back it's still the same. The lights still come on but i only if I go over approx 60mph.
Took it back and they said it's probably the rear sensor now.

When I got it back it has also started to make a slight grinding of teeth noise in the transfer case area when slowing down to almost a stop and then trying to pull away again. I't sounds and feels as if a gear is not engaging properly and the teeth are slipping.
This is happening with no warning lights on and only on a few occasions.

I have just had the stepper motor replaced, which was the old A model with a new one but it still does exactly the same with the lights coming on at speed. When slowing to a stop with the lights on I did notice the front right wheel snatching slightly like the ABS was cutting in. Lights reset when switched off and on with no problem unless speed up to around 60mph again.

I realise this may be more than one problem but there doesn't seem to be anyone that can sort it out. Reading fault codes seems to just point the mechanic to charge me for more work that is not solving the issue.

So I now have a car that has an amazingly clean interior, exterior and engine with very low miles that I have hardly driven in the last year as I'm afraid it will break down or go bang in a big way.... and is still costing me big bill's

Anyone have any ideas?????? Getting desperate

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Get a full vcds scan. Post it here.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Post on the UK site too where there are more R5 owners - that model never went to the US.

www.mytreg.com

4ePikanini has an excellent thread elsewhere on his R5 engine rebuild!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts