Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Touareg V8. With in the last few months I’ve had different lights coming on,and turning off when they feel like it. Let’s start with the check engine light. Had two codes ,one is saying something about the brake booster losing vacuum. Brakes work as they always have. Fluid is full,etc. . Sometimes this light will go off. Second light is the airbag light. Sometimes it turns on,and I get a fault code when starting. Sometimes it turns off by itself. Most recently is the hood open light. It beeps three times upon entering. At first it was intermittent,then during a rain,it became permanent. Not sure if there is a plug somewhere that connects all these is corroded or what. Oh,and when I press the info button it sometimes turns off the hood light. But if I press the horn,it comes back on and gives the three beeps. If anyone could help ,I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have a code scanner, VCDS, or OBD-11? Are you able to see the code number and can you clear/erase them yourself.

Your vehicle is at the age where rubber vacuum lines begin to go south. I would inspect the vacuum lines going to the brake booster and see if you see any cracks. Even the smallest crack can cause an issue as temperatures fluctuate. You might have to move/wiggle the hose to expose the cracks if they aren't readily visible when the hose is stationary.

for the airbag fault, I would see the dealer and have them do an airbag system check. There is no telling which one of the multiple airbags is causing the code.

I can't remember how the hood is detected shut, if it is a (physical) switch or a magnet. I will need to do more research on that one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.