Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month when my 95 Pathfinder died, I bought a new V6 Reflex Silver T-Reg (Premium Package, Sound 1) and LOVE it. I do, however, have some questions.

1. Is there any way to turn off some (or all) of the darn beeps this car makes? The seatbelt thing drives me crazy, especially for the passenger.

2. Is there a way to set the rear door to open when the rest of the doors are unlocked or does it always have to be separate?

3. The dealer recommends synthetic oil changes ever 5k miles. I am used to doing the old fashioned changes myself, so it Synthetic really worth the extra 30 bucks?

Thanks everyone.

FYI, I did have that Airbag failure and the tire pressure monitor go off at 500 miles, and the dealership changed some codes to fix it. Hopefully they won't return.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: Multiple Noobie Questions-i.e. too lazy to search the fo

Laziness is a poor excuse! Learn to use the search, there's a lot here. But welcome anyway. :wave:

Greek said:
Last month when my 95 Pathfinder died, I bought a new V6 Reflex Silver T-Reg (Premium Package, Sound 1) and LOVE it. I do, however, have some questions.

1. Is there any way to turn off some (or all) of the darn beeps this car makes? The seatbelt thing drives me crazy, especially for the passenger.

They can be disabled with a VAG-COM. What's a VAG-COM? Search for the answer!

2. Is there a way to set the rear door to open when the rest of the doors are unlocked or does it always have to be separate?

In the MFI convenience menu you can enable unlock of the tailgate, and unlock of all doors at the same time

3. The dealer recommends synthetic oil changes ever 5k miles. I am used to doing the old fashioned changes myself, so it Synthetic really worth the extra 30 bucks?

The owners manual specifies the type of oil to use, and does not specifically say that synthetic is required. As long as the oil you use meets these requirements - AND you save the reciepts so you can prove both what oil you use, and that you met the required oil change interval, doing it yourself with approved oil should be okay. But note that despite what your dealer recomends, the recommended service interval as stated in the owners manual is at 5K, then 10K, then every 10K after that. This includes oil changes. So don't be pressured to change oil more often than that (unless you want to, of course).

Thanks everyone.

FYI, I did have that Airbag failure and the tire pressure monitor go off at 500 miles, and the dealership changed some codes to fix it. Hopefully they won't return.

Search for both of these issues. There are solutions, but many dealers may still be unaware of the correct fixes. Be informed, in case these come back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks 4x4, you rock. I'll check the MFI to change that setting. I have to say the only thing that annoys me at this point is that several features like the radio and garage door controls don't work without the key in the ignition. My wife's 2001 Jetta does, it's dumb that they took it out. Thanks again, I love it and can't wait to take it off road.

·
Registered
103 Posts

4x4s said:
Search for both of these issues. There are solutions, but many dealers may still be unaware of the correct fixes. Be informed, in case these come back.
i wasn't aware that a fix for the airbag problem came out already.
did you ever get yours fixed?

·
Registered
866 Posts

hotdaymnitzbao said:
4x4s said:
i wasn't aware that a fix for the airbag problem came out already.
did you ever get yours fixed?
Parts are on order. The root cause of the problem is a too-short wiring harness to the drivers seat side airbag. Just enough stress on the conector to cause a momentary open circuit now and then. On vortex, one tech chimed in that he built a little extension for the harness. Another said he eliminated the connector all together, and soldered the wires together. My tech has ordered a new harness (the newer ones have are slightly longer, I beleive). Since he has to tear the seat apart to change the harness, he has also ordered a new airbag - he said he is sure that the harness will fix it, but on the slight chance that it really is a bad airbag, he's going to replace it. As he put it, there's no way I want to spend the time ripping this apart and putting it back together twice - do it all while we're in there.

I had an appoitment for my 5K service, and was going to have this done at the same time. The airbag did not arrive for that - it's on priority back-order - so the service department recommended postponing the 5k until this part arrives. Any day now, or so they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.