Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having problems with going through floods of water and it splashing all over the windscreen blocking you view dangerously. Would the mudflaps solve it. Driving me mad somedays as I do have to drive through some flood spots. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,465 Posts
Mudflaps more then likely will do nothing about that situation. No idea how to prevent it other then slowing down when approaching places like that.

·
Registered
465 Posts
No!!, the mud flaps will not help had the same problem with our first nissan patrol, our mitsubishi pajore, and the landrover discovery, and as of late our VW Touareg, just drive slow through them I know that is easier than said as you never know what is around the next corner, just hit the fast speed on the wipers as quick as you can. Stew

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No!!, the mud flaps will not help had the same problem with our first nissan patrol, our mitsubishi pajore, and the landrover discovery, and as of late our VW Touareg, just drive slow through them I know that is easier than said as you never know what is around the next corner, just hit the fast speed on the wipers as quick as you can. Stew
Thanks Yeti & Stew.
That will save me buying a set.
Ordered a set of exhaust chrome trims of ebay. Their coming from usa.
They should add an extra bit of sparkle on the back.
John

·
Registered
92 Posts
Anyone having problems with going through floods of water and it splashing all over the windscreen blocking you view dangerously. Would the mudflaps solve it. Driving me mad somedays as I do have to drive through some flood spots. Thanks
Driving at high speed through water of unknown depth is fraught with dangers. You can easily loose control if the vehicle begins to aquaplane (tyres loose contact with the road surface and literally 'skate'), the pressures created by the water can rip plastic and other components of your vehicle, water can enter the engine causing failure (very expensive), bow wave created can create dangerous situations for other vehicles or pedestrians (if in close proximity) finally, if the water is deep enought it is possible to loose control of your vehicle with catastrophic results. It;s really all about common sense and responsibility. Drive according to the conditions.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Driving at high speed through water of unknown depth is fraught with dangers. You can easily loose control if the vehicle begins to aquaplane (tyres loose contact with the road surface and literally 'skate'), the pressures created by the water can rip plastic and other components of your vehicle, water can enter the engine causing failure (very expensive), bow wave created can create dangerous situations for other vehicles or pedestrians (if in close proximity) finally, if the water is deep enought it is possible to loose control of your vehicle with catastrophic results. It;s really all about common sense and responsibility. Drive according to the conditions.
I do drive according to conditions. But even at low speed or average road speed if you come across a pool of water or most likely here in Ireland a large pothole, the water just sprays all over the windscreen. You cant brake at the last minute as the car behind will most likely rear end you. Thanks for your input as to what water can do,as most accidents happen in the wet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts