Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed on my new baby !! that mud appears on the body work from both rear wheels , I asked my local dealer for a price to fit a set of mud flaps , his quote $600....... surly he must be joking .

Any clues please

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
yep cheap plastic has a 1000% mark up in VW's eyes

·
Registered
314 Posts
Labour cost. A tad fiddly. Front worse than back. the mudflats are cheap enough though and if you are mechanical minded and can decipher the cryptic instructions and diagrams then is a DIY job.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Labour cost. A tad fiddly. Front worse than back. the mudflats are cheap enough though and if you are mechanical minded and can decipher the cryptic instructions and diagrams then is a DIY job.
Yes, fiddly indeed. I installed the VW mudflaps (F&R) on mine, and while there is nothing particularly difficult about the installation, there is a lot of time-consuming drilling (into plastic) and fitting.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,873 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone ever consider running Rally Armor Mud Flaps? I have a set on my Subaru and I think they look great! I've seen a set of their universal fitment flaps for ~$25 on Amazon too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gumtree (for interstate purchasers) can be a bit hit and miss.

However, you may have friends/relatives who could check out the purchaser (if they live locally).Volkswagen Touareg 11-15 2ND Gen Mudflaps Mud Guards Flap Splash | Other Parts & Accessories | Gumtree Australia Liverpool Area - Chipping Norton | 1096153754

Very similar set that I purchased ex Sth Africa fro my wife's 2010 Polo. Simple to install, and look OEM :)
Well the gum tree add looks ok , but not having seen a real set do they look complete and will they fit, I really need a set but not willing to be ripped by VW.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mine were bought from Hong Kong. Were OEM and approx. 70USD back when the AUD was worth a few more green backs.

You need to make sure that mud flaps have the spacer blocks and clips - some appear not to. ie you do NOT want to be just screwing them to the existing plastic but though the plastic to the spacer blocks and/or clips.

Attached are the instructions I received.

Edit: the gummy ad does not have enough mounting bits IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine were bought from Hong Kong. Were OEM and approx. 70USD back when the AUD was worth a few more green backs.

You need to make sure that mud flaps have the spacer blocks and clips - some appear not to. ie you do NOT want to be just screwing them to the existing plastic but though the plastic to the spacer blocks and/or clips.

Attached are the instructions I received.

Edit: the gummy ad does not have enough mounting bits IMO.
DO you still have the HK link or site where you purchased yours, cheers

·
Registered
314 Posts
DO you still have the HK link or site where you purchased yours, cheers
Been too long - ie 2 years. This is / was the seller

superauto_01 在eBay上

But site is HK and hence language an issue. I do not know how to find if he or she is still around or selling.

·
Registered
314 Posts
As stated - a fiddly job. Do not try to hurry it though. Read and re-read the instructions if you get the OEM ones. Existing holes are used in some cases and can be difficult to align things to allow such re-use. Order of assembly important as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I sourced mine from a VW dealer in Canada, which turned out cheaper than the US dealers due to currency exchange I think. Even with postage it was much cheaper than local dealers ( I was quoted $800 for all 4 fitted). Fitting is as described by others above. I got the address via Google.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.