Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using this time to organise and try to get the Touareg ready for towing our caravan.
One of the items was to install Mud Flaps.
Have read all the posts and checked out a couple of ebay stores selling them.
All state they are not suitable for the R Line ?
I don't see why they would be any different to a V6 TDI as the R Line body moulding on the doors starts well after the front wheel arch and appears to me the rear wheel arch is the same as standard.

Has anyone on here fitted Mud Flaps to their R Line ?

Kym

·
Registered
430 Posts
Are there r-line mud flaps???

·
Registered
430 Posts
This looks like OEM Volkswagen:

Cheaper version:

·
Registered
63 Posts
KandC,
Evening,
We bought the Ebay mudflaps as their price was ridiculously cheaper than the VW flaps,whoever installs the ebay flaps wouldn’t have much trouble fitting to your R-line ,I’m certainly confident of that, flexible synthetic rubber will allow a good fit.
Good luck.
Cheers,
Mick.

·
Registered
430 Posts
^Can you send pics of your car w/ them installed?

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
^look good, can you post one a bit further back of the car so I can see how it blends into it?

The link I sent is $80 for fronts and $80 for rears, but they are the OEM pieces that are around ~$350 for the see through the dealer

·
Registered
63 Posts
^look good, can you post one a bit further back of the car so I can see how it blends into it?

The link I sent is $80 for fronts and $80 for rears, but they are the OEM pieces that are around ~$350 for the see through the dealer
Right, yes that is good value then if you need to fit the genuine flaps,I think I’d prefer to get a texta and draw a VW symbol on the flaps rather then pay double....I’m just tight with my $$!
Ok, I’ll get some more shots showing the blending, after work...last day for 14 confined days!
Cheers,
Mick.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm interested in seeing how you go KandC. I tried a couple of years ago for my R-Line and gave up in the end. I didn't want huge mudflaps hanging down like the flat rectangular rubber style so I ended up just living with no mudflaps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm interested in seeing how you go KandC. I tried a couple of years ago for my R-Line and gave up in the end. I didn't want huge mudflaps hanging down like the flat rectangular rubber style so I ended up just living with no mudflaps.
I recently had a week stay on the Murray with the van and travelling through Holbrook, there’s this stretch of road recently patched up using a asphalt mix which remained liquid. Every time we drove through, the white Touareg was seriously splashed all along the underside with black bitumen!
Narrow road meant I had to stagger the ruts with Touareg/ van along until oncoming traffic appeared!
Now with mudflaps I have minimal mess to deal with.
I believe flaps are essential!
Cheers, Mick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts