Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
It may be a V8 or PPS thing. I actually find it annoying. Unless there is someone sitting in the front passenger seat, that panel will stay lit with that indicator. I'm sure it was something the VW attorneys had them put in so that if some doofus put a small child in the front seat, they would know that no airbag will deploy. Or conversely, if someone put a cradle weighing more than 20 lbs in the front passenger seat, the airbag WOULD deploy and that indicator would NOT be lit.

I was joking above. I would much rather have a handy aux port there than this nutty warning indicator.

Attachments

· Registered
50 Posts
The "P" light is the parking sensor feature. You can turn it on and off with that button. It wasn't a feature that I was looking for when I was shopping but I am very glad I have it.

I have a work bench in the back of my garage and the parking sensors allow me to park within an inch of the garage door so that I can fully swing the rear hatch open without banging against the workbench. I know this could be handled with a tennis ball, but this is much slicker. I've also used it many times while backing out to negotiate within an inch of obstacles in public parking situations.

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I would much rather have a handy aux port there than this nutty warning indicator.
Steve, You could order a blank plate from your dealer, lose the light and mount a plug there just like drsous did. I am now offering this style of connector too. See the link in my signature.

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Re: i pod

cptnhook said:
i read about this briefly earlier and i intend on installing an i pod. how did you mount the connection in the dash? how did you get the penetration to look so clean?
Click on my link below to see how to install this. I offer several cable options, including a female 1/8" panel mount plug shown here on the right:

So all you need to do is connect the wire to the back of the nav radio using the plug on the other end and drill a small hole in the blank panel below your radio.

Here is my installation of a 1/8" female stereo plug and a cigarette lighter plug in my car's center console box:

· Registered
1,294 Posts
So I finally got my Kuda mount today to hold my IPOD in place. The kit installed in a matter of minutes and with the Spockcat’s cable the sound is perfect. Much better highs and lows than with the Monster FM transmitter I was using for a while. The antracite color matched perfect with the dash.

I still have a few questions about the mount though. I can’t seem to get the Nav system back flush with the dash with the Kuda mount in place. It is about a 1/4” shy of clicking place. I pushed about as hard as you can (without breaking the unit) but no luck. Any ideas?

I also found that the screw that comes with the kit is much to big and won’t let the glove box closed. I used a smaller screw head and removed the small round rubber stop from the glove box door. Now it opens and closes fine.

I am not a big fan of the mini stereo plug sticking out from the top of the IPOD. Anyone know a retail store that might carry a right-angled stereo mini to stereo mini? Radio Shack only carries the regular mini cables. I know I have seen them somewhere before. I think they would be much better than the cable that sticks up in the photos. I also was thinking of using the white IPOD control/headphone cable but that is kind of a waste.

Thanks for any help or advice you may offer.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.