Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I just got my Touareg about a month ago, I want to take the easy trails first and work my way up to some moderate trails and maybe a few difficult trails (on the low end of the difficult scale). So, the girlfriend and I did Mount Herman road. This is a pretty easy trail, but long trail (36 miles). It starts off west of Monument and ends up by the Garden of the Gods. Here are some pictures from Mount Herman:

Here are pictures of Garden of the Gods:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Rampart Range Road (goes from Garden of the Gods to west of Castle Rock) was our first off-road adventure in the Treg. We didn't go all the way North and ended up turning off just west to get to Woodland Park and headed back home. The scenery was nice around Garden of the Gods and a little north, but didn't find the views appealing when nestled in the abundant trees further north.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Envy...

kaboom I could only wish for anything remotely close to what the West of the country has as far as trails! Here in NY I don't believe we have as many as you have out there as far as variety, (simple, mild, difficult, etc...). I will have to drive out west for a month to try out the various trails you guys take for granted. Beautiful Pics! and, Happy trails to you! BTW, If anyone knows of any in NY they can recommend, please do

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh! That was real nasty of you to post the map with all the flags marking the trails! lol NY has a lot, but they are all of the mountain variety, not the wide open variety with views that you have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.