Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking my T-Reg trough a local car wash I noticed that the vinyl trim around the windows had a mottled appearance :anger: . It appears as if there were some kind of a coating on the vinyl and it was partially removed, looks like black frog skin. Anyone else had this happen? Any known cure?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Isn't this normal? I think its just the way that rubber/vinyl dries after car wash soap. It would be similar if you looked closely at the mouldings around the bottom of the car too. Its been the same on my last 3 cars, so I never even think about it.
If it bothers you, some Armor-All or similar detailing product will restore it to perfect black until your next car wash. The right sponge will allow you to hit those thin trim areas.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice Rinaic. I'll give it a try, just haven't had time yet. Spock, what you call rubber I call vinyl, not sure just what its composition is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.