Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The moon-roof in my 2012 Exec Tdi is not working (luckilyits closed). I haven’t used the moon-roof in about 4-5 months (winter time!)and I went to open it and nothing. Rotating the control knob does not open theglass (does absolutely nothing - doesn't even try to open), raising/lowering the control knob does not tilt the glass HOWEVER theopen/close buttons on the control knob still open and close the sunshade butthe one-touch open sunshade feature doesn’t work as I need to hold it tocontinue opening it.

A couple years back VW had replaced the entire moon-roofglass, motors, control, and rails as I was having some serious problems with itshuddering/squeaking/rattling but since it was repaired back then I have hadzero issues with it until now.

Is anyone aware of a way to do some sort of hard reset onthis circuit or have come across this before? I did not check any fuses yet butI assumed since the sunshade had power up to the control knob buttons this likelyisn’t the problem (unless there are 2 separate fused power circuits running upto this switch)? Is there anything else worth checking? My vehicle is stillunder extended warranty – but its always a hassle to get in at the dealer as Ilive outside of the city – so wouldn’t mind checking a few simple things firstif there are any suggestions. Thanks!!!

Josh
Regina, SK
2012 Touareg Exec Tdi
136,000 km’s

·
Registered
996 Posts
I would check all related fuses first. If all fine, it could be the switch or control module. You'd need VCDS to check the module.

·
Registered
260 Posts
if the vw dealer did work it's covered under 12 month 12000 mile warranty, bring it back

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The repair the dealer did was well over 2 years and 50,000 km's ago - so well past the dealer warranty. My vehicle is still under my extended warranty so if it's not a quick fix it will just end up going to the dealer to get repaired (but then its a hassle getting in, $100 warranty deductible, etc...).

I am going to check the fuses this weekend and see if any of them blew.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Since you have the extended warranty, USE IT!!! LOL!!

Quit messing around. Seriously. Even if the fuses are blown, you will want to fix the issue that CAUSED them to blow in the first place.

And then prepare for when your warranty expires and go to Ross-Tech: Home and get VCDS. It's an expensive diagnostic tool, but will easily pay for itself. :- )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts