Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
771 Posts
I'm sure you already know this but whenever I need to look up a code I go to wiki.ross-tech.com, type in fault code and the possible symtoms, causes and solutions are displayed. In the case of P2146/008518 it just says check fuel injectors and check wiring which unfortunately means intake manifold off again. Looked in my Bentley Repair manual and couldn't find anything about group A fuel injectors but assume it is a designation for which bank it serves, I'll keep looking. I would assume injectors could be tested with a VCDS, hopefully someone will chime in with the procedure and you have a Ross tech VCDS cable or access to one.

· Registered
771 Posts
Thank you for response ...This ground nut is tight ... i just checked. I would imagine the starter would not work if ground strap was off. The two ground wires at end of each harness on both banks on the cylinder heads were checked and the are solidly bolted and tested with light.
Is it possible that this system only works with fuel pressure? I'm beginning to suspect this because when I squirted gasoline into manifold vacuum hose , it started right up! And never had a start problem afterwards... and now after removing the intake manifold to check injectors it's dead. What do those two things that stick up out the top of the cylinder heads with wires into them do? It's part of fuel system and operated by cam shafts
The two towers on each bank top center of engine are fuel metering valves N402

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.