Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to go down to Moab sometime this spring, and I would love to go offroading with some fellow Reg-heads for a few days. My timing is flexible. I know the area pretty well, though I haven't driven offroad there much, and never in my Touareg.

I will probably camp in the backcountry, but I know spots close to town so if you're more the hotel type we can still meet up.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'm going to Utah in May 11 to June 7 and I would love to see the Moab one weekend. I'll be staying in Tooele and I'll have a rental car......I'll try to keep up as much as I can with you with the rental (I wanna beat the $hit out of the rental), but at some point I imagine I may need to just go with you in your Treg.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Zagg, your timing for the weather there is perfect.

Moab is about a 4.5 hour drive from Salt Lake City.

Most jeep trails in the MOAB area are pretty serious. Not all of them require lockers and lifts, but it is recommended.

I remember mountain biking on a trail called High Pass back in 2010, there were a vertical steps going uphill on the trail and getting up and over them on the bike was tremendous fun (and work) but I wouldn't try my stock T3 on it.

Also rode the Amasa Back trail, you have to get there and watch the insane descents and climbs that are built for Jeeps. Watched a group of mostly stock Mercedes wagons trying to descend from the road at the trail head without damaging their vehicles, they were nuts. Much scraping!!!

Beautiful views at the top of the cliff. The Colorado River runs right through there hundreds of feet below.

I am definitely making the trip out there again someday and staying more than 5 days. there are juts so many things to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts