Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this issue for about 8 months. I search almost all forums. and could not locate an easy fix. I noticed that my radio would boot every once in a while and play normally.

Quick and to the point, I made my radio boot (bought the tools to remove the radio and unplugged and re plugged the power and it would boot 10% of the time) and I was able to upgrade the firmware. I actually reached out to someone called Scotty18 on motor-talk in de (had to translate) because he was having people direct message him. I did that and I was able to figure out that a firmware upgrade was all that is needed. Why? I am not sure, but it worked. I am technical and I did remove my radio and removed the hard drive and made an ISO of the hard drive. It was readable, but if I had to guess I think a sector messed up on the hard drive (IDE Hard drive, NOT SATA) and the firmware update corrected the error. That is just an self taught guess.

If you get the error:

"MMI3G EmApp 31.19.2098
AppFPGA is valid!
Trigger shutdown in 60 sec!"

Do a firmware update if you can.

I came really close to shipping my radio to California and having them repair it for $400+. I talked to my local dealership and they stated the only way to correct it was to replace the radio for $2200.00 (Audi of Nashville). I bought the firmware online for $75.00 and it corrected this issue.

If I am allowed I can post the full process and the site(s) I used if needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this issue for about 8 months. I search almost all forums. and could not locate an easy fix. I noticed that my radio would boot every once in a while and play normally.

Quick and to the point, I made my radio boot (bought the tools to remove the radio and unplugged and re plugged the power and it would boot 10% of the time) and I was able to upgrade the firmware. I actually reached out to someone called Scotty18 on motor-talk in de (had to translate) because he was having people direct message him. I did that and I was able to figure out that a firmware upgrade was all that is needed. Why? I am not sure, but it worked. I am technical and I did remove my radio and removed the hard drive and made an ISO of the hard drive. It was readable, but if I had to guess I think a sector messed up on the hard drive (IDE Hard drive, NOT SATA) and the firmware update corrected the error. That is just an self taught guess.

If you get the error:

"MMI3G EmApp 31.19.2098
AppFPGA is valid!

I came really close to shipping my radio to California and having them repair it for $400+. I talked to my local dealership and they stated the only way to correct it was to replace the radio for $2200.00 (Audi of Nashville). I bought the firmware online for $75.00 and it corrected this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts

If you get the error:

"MMI3G EmApp 31.19.2098
AppFPGA is valid!

Hi Sethpen,

Wondering if you can provide some more info on how your fixed the error you received on your MMI. I have the exact same error and not sure how to fix it. Any details you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts

If you get the error:

"MMI3G EmApp 31.19.2098
AppFPGA is valid!

Hi Stephen, have similar issue. Please can you help with guide on how to resolve?
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts