Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys ..My first post but I thought i would share as this seems to be a problem out there on a few forums . I have just fixed my 05 V6 Treg after I drove through a small stream and washed out the engine bay I drove the car for a full day before it started to fail ..Ok the Symptoms were.

1. Engine light on
2. Engine light started to blink
3. Loss of power
4. Started to run rough and shake.
5. wont Idle

So a quick search here pointed towards the coils, I found one that was corroded and actually had a split . I replaced all 6 (OEM's) from ECS tuning ($19.95) who sell direct to Australia and even purchased a spare they arrived in 4 days . I also replaced the plugs while i was at it just to be sure.

The car still ran very rough at idle and lacked that zing of the v6 under power . It was however not shuddering but "Lumpy" and would barley start. I purchased a ebay VagCom Cable , loaded the shareware and managed to decipher the codes which read .

5 Faults Found:
16660 - Fuel Injector #6 (N84): Short to Ground
P0276 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded

16657 - Fuel Injector #5 (N83): Short to Ground
P0273 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded

16654 - Fuel Injector #4 (N33): Short to Ground
P0270 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded

16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

16689 - Cylinder 5: Misfire Detected
P0305 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded
Readiness: 0110 1101

After scouring the net and reading all sorts of responses actually hundreds of threads to the same codes with people replacing ECM's to injectors and the same problem with no resolve I finally found it ...

Fuse S8 - simply replaced the 20 amp fuse and the car feels amazing ....So if you have the same issues check the fuse but replace the coils. If the error reads "Injector 1 etc " check Fuse S7 ......

hope this helps someone and it would of been so much easier for me if it was in the one thread ....

AL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Guys ..My first post but I thought i would share as this seems to be a problem out there on a few forums . I have just fixed my 05 V6 Treg after I drove through a small stream and washed out the engine bay I drove the car for a full day before it started to fail ..Ok the Symptoms were.

1. Engine light on
2. Engine light started to blink
3. Loss of power
4. Started to run rough and shake.
5. wont Idle

So a quick search here pointed towards the coils, I found one that was corroded and actually had a split . I replaced all 6 (OEM's) from ECS tuning ($19.95) who sell direct to Australia and even purchased a spare they arrived in 4 days . I also replaced the plugs while i was at it just to be sure.

The car still ran very rough at idle and lacked that zing of the v6 under power . It was however not shuddering but "Lumpy" and would barley start. I purchased a ebay VagCom Cable , loaded the shareware and managed to decipher the codes which read .

5 Faults Found:
16660 - Fuel Injector #6 (N84): Short to Ground
P0276 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded

16657 - Fuel Injector #5 (N83): Short to Ground
P0273 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded

16654 - Fuel Injector #4 (N33): Short to Ground
P0270 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded

16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

16689 - Cylinder 5: Misfire Detected
P0305 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded
Readiness: 0110 1101

After scouring the net and reading all sorts of responses actually hundreds of threads to the same codes with people replacing ECM's to injectors and the same problem with no resolve I finally found it ...

Fuse S8 - simply replaced the 20 amp fuse and the car feels amazing ....So if you have the same issues check the fuse but replace the coils. If the error reads "Injector 1 etc " check Fuse S7 ......

hope this helps someone and it would of been so much easier for me if it was in the one thread ....

AL
Hi, I know it is an old topic, but can u please tell us the location of these fuses, are the in the engine bay, couldn't find them there? Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts