Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The side mirror control switch on my 2011 T3 has always been a little funky. But lately it's gone full-blown dysfunctional. The mirrors will not unfold, on either side. For a few days it was just the passenger side, and if I flipped the control to "folded" then back to 0, it would unfold, but now neither side unfolds, regardless of where the switch is set.
I was able to manually unfold the mirrors, but they're a bit wobbly, so clearly that's not optimal.
I can't find anything on the parts site resembling "mirror control switch" and am wondering what that part would be called? is it part of an entire panel assembly?
I know the dealer's going to charge a grand for this, because dealer, but i'm hoping I'm not the only one to have this problem (although a search didn't return anything similar).
Suggestions wanted!

·
Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
If you unfolded them manually, you might have already broken the gearing mechanism. Also, it would probably make more sense to get a proper diagnostic device first before starting to throw parts at the problem, which you don't know what is actually caused by. For ex. it's very well possible that there's nothing wrong with your button, but there's something else at play, like severed cables, failed control module, or who knows what.

You'd need to read codes first, and if you don't have any, then check the button status in the control module live data to see whether the latter indeed does not sense the button being turned to unfold position. If it doesn't, there's a high chance that your button is what's failed, or at least the wires running to it. However, if you can see the button status changing, then the latter is obviously not what's not working properly, and replacing it will not solve your problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The side mirror control switch on my 2011 T3 has always been a little funky. But lately it's gone full-blown dysfunctional. The mirrors will not unfold, on either side. For a few days it was just the passenger side, and if I flipped the control to "folded" then back to 0, it would unfold, but now neither side unfolds, regardless of where the switch is set.
I was able to manually unfold the mirrors, but they're a bit wobbly, so clearly that's not optimal.
I can't find anything on the parts site resembling "mirror control switch" and am wondering what that part would be called? is it part of an entire panel assembly?
I know the dealer's going to charge a grand for this, because dealer, but i'm hoping I'm not the only one to have this problem (although a search didn't return anything similar).
Suggestions wanted!
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have almost the exact same issue. My passenger side mirror stopped unfolding most of the time .I would have to play with the switch for ages to get it out. Then the passenger side started working fine but a couple of weeks later the driver side stopped folding out. That was a month ago and it's still not working, so I have the wobbly driver side mirror all the time. Like others on here I don't want to pay the dealer a grand for what is likely a very small electrical issue. Any advice on how you fixed your would be great?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts