Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's 07 V8 FSI w/ 119000, have cleared faults twice and MIL just came on again after 60-100 miles. VAG-COM says intake manifold flap position sensor implausible signal. P2015 =bank 1
P2020=bank 2. Ross tech says possible causes are, IMF faulty, IMF motor stuck/faulty, wiring &/or
Connectors from/ to IMF motor V157 faulty. Trucks performance is not effected while MIL is on or after faults are cleared. Electrical connectors, carbon build up? Your thoughts, experience and advice would be greatly appreciated-- Mike IMG_0826.jpg IMG_0827.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm still trying to figure out the problem. I've compared the flap motor position of the wife's car with mine and they are the same. I did notice once while checking flap motor position that it didn't go all the way back to the 6 o'clock position. I'm thinking I should swap intake manifold flap sensors hers to mine and see if faults follow to my touareg. Again any input on this problem will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Switching them out might give you an answer but how much time is involved?

It maybe time for a Carbon cleanup.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Switching them out might give you an answer but how much time is involved?

It maybe time for a Carbon cleanup.
I don't think it would take too long to swap sensors. I think you're right though it should have been done when I was in there last but didn't have the time, still don't have the time but will have to find it somewhere. Can't interfere with ski time, have more snow coming over the next week, weather report measuring it in feet. See you soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts