Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there are club members who have either recently purchased or sold a V10 please PM me with the details. Considering selling my V10 and I'm trying to decide if I should just trade it in (and get the tax credit and just keep things simple) or if it there is enough v10 demand that I would sell it relatively quickly. Still the absolute best vehicle I have ever owned but my warranty runs out next year and I have always said i would sell it before that happens.

(not posting other details about my egg because this isn't an ad... if I decide to sell I will post up in the classifieds where it belongs with all the details, etc.)

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Why don't you just throw it up on ebay for a short duration auction w/ a buy it now that makes it worth your while vs. trading in. If it doesn't move after a week then just take the trade route.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I see you are just north of me (PDX area) there is a shop down here called D'Angelo European Auto Sales. I would look them up read their reviews (very positive) and perhaps talk to them. These guys (father son) buy used VW / Audi (mostly the premium stuff) all over the US via wholesale auctions. BUT they know their stuff inside and out and are honest. I have purchased one Touareg from them and they purchased my then highly modified 2006 Jetta GLI for trade in for a very very fair price. Might be worth getting a better feel for demand / price / other information.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Take a look at the completed auctions on eBay. It will give you a good sense for what has or has not sold and at what price. The market has definitely softened. Probably a combo of cheap gasoline and, like yourself, the potential costs on soon out of warranty v-10 scare many people away.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I sold my V10 in 4 days. Buyers are out there. Make sure you advertise widely enough. It's definitely a specialty vehicle. The correct, educated buyer isn't scared.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
I sold my V10 in 4 days. Buyers are out there. Make sure you advertise widely enough. It's definitely a specialty vehicle. The correct, educated buyer isn't scared.
I agree, this isn't something casual buyers stumble accross. Buyers have a laser focus specifically on the V10.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
/\
Especially model year 2008

Reactions: jatreat

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the advice guys. Finally getting back to getting the egg ready for sale. I do think this is probably one of the best V10's you can get your hands on.. but I guess I am a little bias:).

I did a lot of upgrades with factory 2009 parts so I have factory Bluetooth and an RSN510, plus engine spin interior instead of wood... and I think White/Sienna is the perfect combo:). And the best part... it's still under $0 detectable bumper to bumper "factory" warranty so it's clearly been taken care of by my VW dealer (I am sure Fidelity is excited for the day my warranty runs out!) And only 69K miles... so lots of life left:). I sure am going to miss this thing... no question the best car I have ever owned. I so badly wish the new Touaregs weren't such soccer mobiles for the US market:(. I want a 2016 V8TDI + transfer case + air susp!!! grrrrrr!!!!! :-/

2008 Touareg V10 TDI - White | Sienna
Technology | Lux Plus | Adaptive Cruise | Locking Rear Differential
+Engine Spin Trim | RNS510 | VW Bluetooth

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Before you collect, do take them time to carfeully read the buying a used Touareg thread - the link is in my signature below.

If you haven't already seen it, you will learn a lot and be aware in advance of most of the common problems seen on Touaregs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a buddy who would buy your V10 in a heartbeat, if you listed it for sale. NickM is right, the laser focus is there, I would definitely try Ebay/cars.com for at least a week before you try brick and mortar.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Thanks for all the advice guys. Finally getting back to getting the egg ready for sale. I do think this is probably one of the best V10's you can get your hands on.. but I guess I am a little bias:).

I did a lot of upgrades with factory 2009 parts so I have factory Bluetooth and an RSN510, plus engine spin interior instead of wood... and I think White/Sienna is the perfect combo:). And the best part... it's still under $0 detectable bumper to bumper "factory" warranty so it's clearly been taken care of by my VW dealer (I am sure Fidelity is excited for the day my warranty runs out!) And only 69K miles... so lots of life left:). I sure am going to miss this thing... no question the best car I have ever owned. I so badly wish the new Touaregs weren't such soccer mobiles for the US market:(. I want a 2016 V8TDI + transfer case + air susp!!! grrrrrr!!!!! :-/

2008 Touareg V10 TDI - White | Sienna
Technology | Lux Plus | Adaptive Cruise | Locking Rear Differential
+Engine Spin Trim | RNS510 | VW Bluetooth
Greg have you decided which route you will go for listing? Ebay? Local Dealer? Autotrader?

Please advise

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Currently chatting with a few on the forum about my v10, if they don't want it I'll go the eBay route but prefer someone from the forums who actually knows what they are buying.. Basically putting an asking price of 19.9k on it based on the book values. I'll get a formal classified post up on the forums in the next day or two.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Currently chatting with a few on the forum about my v10, if they don't want it I'll go the eBay route but prefer someone from the forums who actually knows what they are buying.. Basically putting an asking price of 19.9k on it based on the book values. I'll get a formal classified post up on the forums in the next day or two.
Greg,

I know you did the rns swap and you have acc
Do you have lane departure as well? For some reason I believe you do?
And locking differential?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep.. All that :grinning:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone know what happened with Greg's truck? Is it up for sale anywhere?
Hi all, sold my V10, I had a few different people on the forum who had over time asked me to contact them if I ever decided to sell it, I contacted everyone and more them one of them said they wanted it. So my V10 has a happy new home ?... But I will miss it DEARLY!! Absolutely loved that thing, best car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Can you still purchase an extended warranty for a V10 considering its age?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you still purchase an extended warranty for a V10 considering its age?
Yes, because my V10 had always been under warrenty it can be extended another 4 years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts