Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
About 1000 miles in and we really like the Crossclimates. They’re quiet and 100% vibration free. Surprising side effect - the car is reporting at least 1mpg improvement over the odd set we had on there before. I don’t bother to hand calculate, and I suspect the car‘s calculations are optimistic. But it’s nice to think about.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
The Michelin are low rolling resistance I think, that would make sense

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Update on Crossclimates Nov 2021.
My 2017 Wolfsburg got new Crossclimates in April 2021. (About 8000 miles on the tires so far)
The tires have performed very well so far.
During the summer I took quite a few trips, One was a month long run through California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah about 3500 miles trip with camping in Grand Canyon and Zion. Some off roading was done on gravel and dirt but no hardcore off roading was involved.
Temperature variation was all the way from 40F to 116F. ( I'm sure the temps on tarmac where even higher)
Tires handled very well on tarmac, tires also handled well on the gravel and dirt.
Tire noise has been minimal. I have been getting about 1mpg more too.
Will update in few months how the tires performed in snow.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
420 Posts
I ordered a set a week ago but they appear to be on back order at all the local retailers....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I ordered a set a week ago but they appear to be on back order at all the local retailers....
I got mine from America's tire in April. I used to buy tires from Costco, for many years. Gave my bussiness to America's tires because few years ago I blew a tire 4 times in 3 months because of construction going on highway 99 near Sacramento. Every time America's tire gave me a new tire. Always got same day appointments they made sure I had tire the same day or the next bussiness day. (I did have their warranty which cost me about $18 per tire) Costco tire shop in my neck of the woods is a pain to deal with. They are always busy and flat out rude sometimes times. I am type of person who will pay a little more but if you cannot be polite I don't do bussiness with you. Anyway I love my Costco wearhouse just not the fan of people in tireshop.
FYI: I am no way in any shape or form associated with America's tire.
The tire in question was Michelin A/S sport 3 245x45x18

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update on Crossclimates Nov 2021.
My 2017 Wolfsburg got new Crossclimates in April 2021. (About 8000 miles on the tires so far)
The tires have performed very well so far.
During the summer I took quite a few trips, One was a month long run through California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah about 3500 miles trip with camping in Grand Canyon and Zion. Some off roading was done on gravel and dirt but no hardcore off roading was involved.
Temperature variation was all the way from 40F to 116F. ( I'm sure the temps on tarmac where even higher)
Tires handled very well on tarmac, tires also handled well on the gravel and dirt.
Tire noise has been minimal. I have been getting about 1mpg more too.
Will update in few months how the tires performed in snow.

Curiuos about the noise. Read several review on these tires and lots of people complain about noise. Have you experienced this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Curiuos about the noise. Read several review on these tires and lots of people complain about noise. Have you experienced this?
I have not had any problems with noise. Alignment and tire balance /rotation is kept to spec always.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have not had any problems with noise. Alignment and tire balance /rotation is kept to spec always.

I think am going to go for it. Like the tires. My 2015 TDI has 265/50/19 and that size is out of stock til feb but I can wait.

Curious how you would rotate these tires?

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI I just talked the Michelin NA and they said the Cross Climate SUV is being discontinued in March and they dont yet have a replacemnt. I suspect it will be a crossclimate2 suv but we will see. For now I decided to go with Perelli Scorpion AS plus 3. They are readily avail and seem like a good tire too.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
They just came out with the latest revision. Not a good sign if they're already discontinuing them..

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
420 Posts
I will be cancelling the order for the Cross Climates this week. I will instead go with these but have a quick question:
Michelin® Latitude™ Tour HP 275/45R19 XL

The original rims are 19" on a 2016, the new wheels are 19" from a 2010. All the tire shops say they are different tire sizes. Only 10 mm (~1/2 inch) so I doubt there will be an issue there.
However is the TPMS sensors the same?
I don't think they are wheel specific so they should transfer OR I should be able to buy generic 433MHz sensors and have them put in correct?
Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Alloy wheel Automotive design

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
420 Posts
"That’s too bad they’re being discontinued - I really like them so far."

Most likely going to the "2" version.

At the dealership now having TPMS reprogrammed.

The price for the CC's has gone up since I paid for mine in November. I expect them to be considered a"premium" tire when they are available again.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
It looks like Michelin has replaced the crossclimate with the agilis crossclimate.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts