Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened once while I was merging onto highway. I heard a charm (ding) and for a split second saw the MFI with the Touareg icon (the one that shows when doors are opened) but just the white outline. It disappeared quickly. Shown on the MFI for just 1-2 seconds.

I mentioned this to the dealership last time I took it in (~3 wks ago). The car checked out fine I assumed.

Any idea what that could be? I haven't found any info anywhere about this.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's just clearing for take off. With mine it does that but on the MFI you see wings project from the doors. Next time it happens, floor the pedal when you merge and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Did I happen to wave at you at a stop light? If so, I think I remember this. You've got the dark brown Highline Touareg (I think?)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes, that was you then! We meet again, haha
Nice ride. But seriously, trust me about the wings. It's how I got to the Ottawa Valley in Ontario on just a hair over 3 tanks of fuel!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks, which dealer did you get yours from? I test drove one exactly like yours at Northland before I bought mine. Very classy set up.
The fuel mileage is probably one of the highlights of the Touareg which is why I opted for it over the used Cayenne S I was considering. I picked mine up the first week of March 2010 and have back and forth to Kelowna, down to Vancouver and Victoria, up Vancouver Island to Tofino and all the way to Ontario. This machine is an awesome cruiser! I have just shy of 35,000km and no problems to date. I have found that when on the highway and keeping the cruise set at a speed up to 110km/h will yield the best results. Without the cruise on I tend to take advantage of the smooth power and before you know it we're approaching 150km/h (on HWY 1 you know how easily that can happen)
There's another guy on this forum from Calgary with a white 2010 TDI, he's got 22's on his. Looks amazing.
I need to get back out West, really loved the lifestyle out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine's from Fifth Ave. That's the only VW dealership I'd go to. Bad experience from the North one. I always wanted a Touareg but gave the Q7 a chance when I was shopping for a new car. I love the Touareg. I've had it for a little over a year now.

I was gonna go on a road trip to Vancouver this fall but things didn't work out. Next year probably. The farthest I've gone is Red Deer haha and Crossiron Mills cos my goddaughters love going there.

I see the white TDI in downtown quite often. Looks very nice. 22's too bling bling for me :)

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
This has happened once while I was merging onto highway. I heard a charm (ding) and for a split second saw the MFI with the Touareg icon (the one that shows when doors are opened) but just the white outline. It disappeared quickly. Shown on the MFI for just 1-2 seconds.

I mentioned this to the dealership last time I took it in (~3 wks ago). The car checked out fine I assumed.

Any idea what that could be? I haven't found any info anywhere about this.
A veteran clubtouareg member reported this Touareg icon popping out of nowhere thing on his V6TDI a few months ago. Everyone was stumped if I recall correctly. Too bad it's not listed when you scroll down to the bottom of this page. I suggest you try and find out who it was, and compare notes with him. The thread might have even been updated with a logical explaination.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A clubtouareg member reported this Touareg icon thing on his V6TDI a few months ago. Everyone was stumped if I recall correctly. Too bad it's not listed when you scroll down to the bottom of this page. I suggest you try and find out who it was, and compare notes with him. The thread might have even been updated with a reason for.
Thanks! I'll do some more digging.

·
Registered
495 Posts
A veteran clubtouareg member reported this Touareg icon popping out of nowhere thing on his V6TDI a few months ago. Everyone was stumped if I recall correctly. Too bad it's not listed when you scroll down to the bottom of this page. I suggest you try and find out who it was, and compare notes with him. The thread might have even been updated with a logical explaination.
Better check the owner's manual for wing release procedure.:cool:

I hear what you're saying about large wheels being too bling but at least the Touareg looks great either way. Out here in the Ottawa Valley I've had so many people come up and ask me about the car. Seems to be common fuel up talk. One guy last week followed me into the grocery store parking lot and tracked me down in the store to asked how I like the TDI because he wants one but had never seen one out in the 'wild' before. haha We know we've got something special when that happens on a weekly basis, or when GTIs and Jettas cruise in closer on the highway for a better look! Cheers to a great choice on the vehicle.

I wouldn't worry too much about your sensor, could be a number of things that triggered it (damp, dirt, bump etc) but at least it only happened once. If it happened continuously I'd look into it definitely.

When I make it back out West I'll give you a shout and maybe we can organize a Touareg meet for Calgary, looking to get back to Wild Rose Country, it's great out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts