Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've searched this one in the forums and can't seem to find a definate answer.

When going from one memory setting to another (ie: changing from memory 1 to memory 3 setting) does everyone have to hold the button down until everything (mirrors, seat, belt height) has re-adjusted, or is there a simple setting I am missing that would allow me to hit the button once and everything moves without depressing and holding the button?

This is my second Treg, the '04 didn't have memory seats and after almost two years of owning this one, my wife finally asks me the question today!

Thanks in advance,
Michael

·
Super Moderator
9,720 Posts
If you each have your own key you can just program your settings to the key and it will move when you unlock the car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do I set my seat memory?

I just purchased a 2004 V6 Touareg, and the owner's manual was missing. Every time I get in i have to set the seat, and I am struggling to determine how i can get it to stay in the spot I adjust it to / set it for me. I have (I believe) tried everything. Could someone please assist me?

Cheers!

·
Registered
133 Posts
push the set button and the position number (1, 2, or 3) at the same time. release when you get a tone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello whistlergal

Faced the same problem with my 2004 Toaureg as the manual is not correct. Please do the following:
1st step: Sit in the car, switch ignition to "on". Adjust the seat, the mirrors and the steering wheel acc. to your needs. Press the "Set" button shortly. Then press the button of required memory (1, 2, or 3) and hold it until you hear the gong.

2nd step: Switch ignition to "off" and take the key. Press the "open" button on key and hold short time until you hear the gong again.

Done. Enjoy this nice tool.

The 2nd step makes the car remember that key with its settings. Use another key for another driver and make the settings again (of course use another memory number)

Hope it works.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had the same problem with ours however if the the battery was recently changed you have to recalibrate the seat. For some reason ours would never remember the memory setting each time we would set it. The dealer had just replaced the battery before we bought it. The steps to do it are in the owners manual. If I remember correctly it is taking the drivers seat and making it go all the may forward then raise it and the tilt the back rest all the way forward. You then turn on the ignition. Once we did that all memory functions would work and we were able to set the remotes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
controller88 said:
Hello whistlergal

Faced the same problem with my 2004 Toaureg as the manual is not correct. Please do the following:
1st step: Sit in the car, switch ignition to "on". Adjust the seat, the mirrors and the steering wheel acc. to your needs. Press the "Set" button shortly. Then press the button of required memory (1, 2, or 3) and hold it until you hear the gong.

2nd step: Switch ignition to "off" and take the key. Press the "open" button on key and hold short time until you hear the gong again.

Done. Enjoy this nice tool.

The 2nd step makes the car remember that key with its settings. Use another key for another driver and make the settings again (of course use another memory number)

Hope it works.
Going to give this a try thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
it worked

it worked the manual its wrong exactly how u said i done it and im all happy now just for some people to know after u do the setting saving the seat memory turn engine off right away remove key and hold unluck untill u hear the gong sound i belive u got 10 sec in total after u set the seat by pressing the number button
thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone I have a 2004 Touareg. I tried all these methods but none seem to work for me. Anybody have any other suggestions? By the way, I don't get any gong when I press these buttons I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong. Help please, and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
When going from one memory setting to another (ie: changing from memory 1 to memory 3 setting) does everyone have to hold the button down until everything (mirrors, seat, belt height) has re-adjusted, or is there a simple setting I am missing that would allow me to hit the button once and everything moves without depressing and holding the button?
On my 2014 TDI, if I get in the car and close the door, I have to hold the memory button to get it adjusted to the position I programmed...

But, If I leave the door open. press the button , it will adjust automatically.

·
Registered
499 Posts
On my 2014 TDI, if I get in the car and close the door, I have to hold the memory button to get it adjusted to the position I programmed... But, If I leave the door open. press the button , it will adjust automatically.
Same on my '12

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Everyone

I'm a first time Touareg owner. I have a 2013 Touareg Executive V6 and after purchasing it was excited to finally have memory seats where I can set different seat settings for my wife and my self. I found it fairly easy to set my seat location while I was driving down the highway by pressing the set button until the light turned orange/yellow then I pressed the 2 button and got the ding which signaled it saved, all this was done with my key fob in my pocket. Later on that night my wife wanted to set her seat memory, my key fob was still in my pocket but she was in the drivers sea,t so i told her to get her seat set to the location she wanted once she did I told her to press the set button till it turned orange/yellow, and to my surprise it never did. So I just thought maybe it was because we were still using my key fob to turn the car on/off//drive. So I told her to press the 2 button to see if the seat would go back to my location and nothing happened, again I didn't think much about it except it was my key fob and it wouldn't set her location. The next day I press the 2 button with my key fob in my pocket and nothing happened, I cannot save any seat setting anymore. I can hold the set button for as long as I want and nothing happens, its like its broken now. I have gone to the manual and it doesn't help, I have called the dealer and they said it would cost $150 for them to diagnose the issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I have a 2012 TDI and it doesnt have the 123 buttons. Is it still possible to set the seat with the 2 keys that I have ?

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
5,983 Posts
Hi there, I have a 2012 TDI and it doesnt have the 123 buttons. Is it still possible to set the seat with the 2 keys that I have ?
Not to my knowledge. You would have to have memory seats...

Reactions: Butsy3

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hello Everyone

I'm a first time Touareg owner. I have a 2013 Touareg Executive V6 and after purchasing it was excited to finally have memory seats where I can set different seat settings for my wife and my self. I found it fairly easy to set my seat location while I was driving down the highway by pressing the set button until the light turned orange/yellow then I pressed the 2 button and got the ding which signaled it saved, all this was done with my key fob in my pocket. Later on that night my wife wanted to set her seat memory, my key fob was still in my pocket but she was in the drivers sea,t so i told her to get her seat set to the location she wanted once she did I told her to press the set button till it turned orange/yellow, and to my surprise it never did. So I just thought maybe it was because we were still using my key fob to turn the car on/off//drive. So I told her to press the 2 button to see if the seat would go back to my location and nothing happened, again I didn't think much about it except it was my key fob and it wouldn't set her location. The next day I press the 2 button with my key fob in my pocket and nothing happened, I cannot save any seat setting anymore. I can hold the set button for as long as I want and nothing happens, its like its broken now. I have gone to the manual and it doesn't help, I have called the dealer and they said it would cost $150 for them to diagnose the issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
I have same problem. It accepts my settings however never restore it. I have read about one remedy, but never tried it. It sounds strange, but people suggest to press all buttons one by one to force the seats in all directions through its full range twice.
P.S. Oh, just read previous page about seats recalibration.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts
I have same problem. It accepts my settings however never restore it. I have read about one remedy, but never tried it. It sounds strange, but people suggest to press all buttons one by one to force the seats in all directions through its full range twice.
P.S. Oh, just read previous page about seats recalibration.
Once will do it for the seats. All the way forward and then all the way backwards, until it stops. You will have to do this anytime the power has been disconnected.

You will also notice that the auto window up will not work if you remove the battery, until the window is ran all the way down and then back up once. After that, it works.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts