Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I'm new to this site and a first time Touareg owner. I have a 2013 Touareg Executive V6 and after purchasing it was excited to finally have memory seats where I can set different seat settings for my wife and my self. I found it fairly easy to set my seat location while I was driving down the highway by pressing the set button until the light turned orange/yellow then I pressed the 2 button and got the ding which signaled it saved, all this was done with my key fob in my pocket. Later on that night my wife wanted to set her seat memory, my key fob was still in my pocket but she was in the drivers sea,t so i told her to get her seat set to the location she wanted once she did I told her to press the set button till it turned orange/yellow, and to my surprise it never did. So I just thought maybe it was because we were still using my key fob to turn the car on/off//drive. So I told her to press the 2 button to see if the seat would go back to my location and nothing happened, again I didn't think much about it except it was my key fob and it wouldn't set her location. The next day I press the 2 button with my key fob in my pocket and nothing happened, I cannot save any seat setting anymore. I can hold the set button for as long as I want and nothing happens, its like its broken now. I have gone to the manual and it doesn't help, I have called the dealer and they said it would cost $150 for them to diagnose the issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

·
Registered
682 Posts
The seat memory is tied in with the RFID (KEYFOB) and attempts to guess who has what key and what seat setting.

Very annoying when there is two keys present (in range). Use one key. Stash the other. Set 1 for who ever drives the most. Other to whatever, but use one key. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking so I put one up and tried to reprogram the seat for myself and now it won't let me set anything. The set button won't even light up. Ever run into this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I stopped trying to set it last night and put the keys up and tried again this morning. I even tried to set a seat with the second key and it wouldnt even allow me to set a seat, the set light wouldnt even light up.

I'm sorry I'm new to this and not sure what VCDS stands for...

·
Super Moderator
9,383 Posts
Try it with the FOB in the dash switch. This may be the issue. I don't know this for a fact, but know I had to have my key in when I would set my 04 memory. My '10 does not have this feature due to VW decontenting the Touareg in 09 before the T3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried just using the key fob in the ignition and ran into same issue, the set button would not even turn orange/yellow for me to set a seat.

·
Registered
682 Posts
A must have cable and software package from the source: Ross-Tech: Home

Yea $300+ bucks. But could save you $$$ in long run. Works on all VW brands and sub brands.

You could probe the button and see if ECU register the push.

Or might need to clear a code for modules. (dealer fee probably be $200 bucks just to do that!)

... I would say disconnect battery, however that is a "job" and you would need VCDS to reset some pop up errors anyhow...

So just wait until it reaches start reset counter and try again in a few days.

·
Registered
996 Posts
My 2010 has separate memory tied to the two keys. Whichever key is used to unlock the door will determine which memory setting is used. All programmed as per the manual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help guys looks like Xeno 55 was right. It started working again after a few days of starts. Is that normal or did the car just reset itself?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts