Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering who is from the DFW area.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am!!!

I'm looking for a good place to do some minor offroading, not anything hardcore, maybe some mud and water. I've got sharp black paint that I would hate to ruin running through trees and such.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, good! Two people! I was starting to think I was the only one. I've actually only seen about 8 Touaregs in the past 2 months! :cool: I've taken mine off roading some-gravel roads and a little mud. I know what you mean about the black paint.

·
Registered
94 Posts
V8girl, I saw a black Treg on West 7th Street yesterday just curious if it was you.

I really don't know of any trails in the immediate D/FW area. Usually I drive the back country roads and a few private hunting trails that are not too hostile to the paint or body.

If I learn of a public trail, I shall let you all know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I as well

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was probably me. I'm on that road just about everyday. I won't have my black Touareg after tomorrow. I'm trading it in for a white 07 v6 Touareg this week. I sure will miss my first Touareg, but I'm really happy to get another one!
Let me know about any trails. I'll have air suspension in the 07. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
hmm is this west 7th street perhaps by any chance in Ft worth? because i was just there few days ago near downtown area and saw another touareg and happened to be a black one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, west 7th in Fort Worth. What color is yours? I'll look out for you next time I'm driving around.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I drive a black Touareg as well. Mostly Between up around Lewisville/Flower Mound and down to the top end of DFW for work.

How do we get to the trails that you have spoke of? I just got my V8 and want to rip through some mud

·
Registered
107 Posts
well im in the west 7th area alot... since i go to that area for lunch often. plus i work right off of Hulen and I30.

perhaps you have heard of YOGOLAIT frozen yogurt? near central market

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I have heard of that place. Haven't been though. Is that where you work?

Trading my black Touareg in at lunch today!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, I drive an off-road grey Treg that seems to be constantly covered in mud or dust, and has a spare tire and two jerry cans mounted to my roof rack.

I am frequantly in that area as well. Lots of great choices for lunch. There is a new frozen yogurt place that opened on University, I wonder if that is it... How is it?

There are a few great county roads in which to go mudding on, Toobitz22. One is located in Hill County, off of TX171, in the little, little town of Maypearl. It's a great road becuase it is farmland and the road is not corralled my barbed wire fences (in case you loss traction and slide out of control). Then there is another county road called 4114. This road is not for the faint hearted. I managed nicely with my worn Geolanders HT/S when I drove it for the first time. However, with the oil field service tractor-trailers and the yahoos who weave all over the road, the runts are quite treacherous. I need to inquire with my Jeep and FJ chums for more trail information and I shall let you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your getting rid of your Treg?!
Just did. :( I traded it in for a newer Treg. It'll be ready next week. :)

So, you go down to Maypearl? Me too. Family ranch down there.

The yogurt place next to the new Movie Tavern on west 7th is good if y'all haven't tried it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ah! Nice! What are the specifications of your new Treg?

Oh, that yogurt place! No, I haven't tried it but each time I drive by I wish I had.

You know of Maypearl?! Crazy... Yeah, my family has a ranch to the north. Do you know the county road I am talking about? Its the one that goes by the old comms tower. The number for the street eludes me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
yeah mine is white gold 2008 v6

and yes i do work at the yogurt place... actually i own it.

perhaps you should try it sometime.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will post the specs once I get the Treg next week. :)

I know 157 and 66 quite well.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts