Club Touareg Forum banner

381 - 398 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, unfortunately, it appears that there is some very, very minor scrubbing on the inside of the tread again that damn nut. It is very faint and not causing any issues, but never the less it is there. So I think I will go the whole hog and ditch the 10mm spacers and go for 15mm and put some wheel arch extensions on. I am hoping to get some R50 style ones and then some rally style mud flaps.

So if anyone is looking for some 10mm hub centric and wheel centric spacers with extended bolts, I will have some for sale in the next few weeks.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah on yours with road tyres it looks OK. I think 15mm and flares would look OK on mine.

Wondering if there is any mileage in putting 15mm up front and 20mm on the back, as the back wheels don't seem to stick out as much.

·
Registered
64 Posts
@Calcifur83 15mm on the road tyres looks ok. You definitely going to need fender flares. I don't know how that will look if you put different size spacers on the back from the front.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Guys, I have been following this thread but lost track. I have a friend who is looking into putting spacers. He bought a 2003 V6 3.2.
His target wheel setup is 275/50/20.
So three questions:
Is this size setup ok, no rubbing?
What type spacers do you recommend for his Treg, slip-on vs bolt-on?
Any recommendations about spacer size with this wheel setup?
I might try to get some spacers for my K02 265/60/18 setup too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would say it will depend on the tyre that is being fitted. 275 profile was standard on my Treg. Based on my experience I would think you should be OK without spacers. However don't hold me to that. A 10mm spacer is gonna just slip on I would say make sure it is hub and wheel centric. You will find more options if you search for porsche spacers. Mine are 10mm meant for a 911 but they share the same hub bore and PCD.

My 2p worth anyway...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.
He is buying a new set of Hankook tires. He already has 275/45/20.
I also thought slip-on are less hassle. I've never fit any so I can't really judge.
He just wants them for looks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My understanding is that you don't get bolt on spacers below about 12mm as they are just too thin.

Spacers will defo make it look better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes you will need longer bolts. I got 45mm bolts as they were 10mm longer than stock. SO depending on what your stock ones are and what spacer size you get will dictate the length of bolt you need.

These are the spacers I bought from ebay.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
And you keep 5 standard bolts/lugs in the boot/trunk with the spacesaver spare in case you need to use it?

Do your plastic chrome caps still fit the bolts/lugs?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I have 10mm on each side.

They are Hubcentric because there is a recess on the back side that locates over the lip on the hub that the wheel sits on. That lip is only a few mm. That lip is then replicated on the outside face. providing somewhere for the wheel to sit on.

I don't think all manufactures make a huncentic 10mm spacer, and some vehicles may not allow for it if the lip on the hub is too big.

The ones I linked you too are Hubcentric, as described in the advert and can be seen in Image #8 on the ebay listing.

They work for me.

381 - 398 of 398 Posts
About this Discussion
397 Replies
154 Participants
Touareg slo
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing