Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 40 of 473 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
265/60-18

I recently put on Bridgeston Deuller Revos sized at 265/60-18s which are all terran tires.

I went from a 29 inch tire to a 30.5, I didnt want to push my luck with a 65 profile. These fill out the wheel well in sport mode with no rubbing to include turning.

The speedometer is now dead on and the odometer seems to be not affected as I verified both with my Tom Tom.

I have not went off road but they are surely an upgrade over my all season Toyos. The tires are definitely heavier and stickier and there is a little bit of a tire drone. Also makes the steering seem heavier. My city mileage went down a one MPG:( Have not been on open road long enough to see what affect it has on steady speeds.

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,889 Posts
OK I run 20 x 10 Rims with 55 off set. Have Cooper tires 275 45 fitted. This is an R50 wich is lower in all modes. The tires do not rub. I think OD 757 according to the Blurb.

Cooper Tires - Tyres

· Premium Member
2,928 Posts
I recently put on Bridgeston Deuller Revos sized at 265/60-18s which are all terran tires.

I went from a 29 inch tire to a 30.5, I didnt want to push my luck with a 65 profile. These fill out the wheel well in sport mode with no rubbing to include turning.

The speedometer is now dead on and the odometer seems to be not affected as I verified both with my Tom Tom.
I've experienced the same as you with speedo reading on the same size tyres. I agree that a 65 profile is pushing it, where a 60 is safe fit with full lock.

· Registered
50 Posts
tire size 22

Had factory 19's, but went into shock when I found out the price of new Michellins after only 14k.

I am on my second set of 22" Replaced my Kohans with Victor Racing. 285/35R22 v106's First set of Yokos went 46k until they were racing slicks. New set is same size, but are Nexen. Tires are junk but came with rims with 5k on them and they were practically for free, so I'm not complaining.

I'm selling the Kohans. See Pix in my profile. You will need to swap out the TPMS from your old rims.

Great for highway and handling, sucks for off road...
well work fine, but get super dirty and lots of sand mud packs around the rim. Rims hold like a pound of dirt in the holes and crannys.

· Premium Member
10,136 Posts
I'm shopping out 315/35/20 for the rear, going to stick with 275/40/20 for the fronts. Diameter of both sizes is identical.

· My God,it's full of stars
5,764 Posts
Andrie, unless someone preempted me, please add: 255/50R19 on Nokian WR G2 on my 2008 V8 A/S

Supplier: MK Tire, NJ, price $203/tire plus ship (made in Russia)

siberian

· Registered
1,056 Posts
I'm shopping out 315/35/20 for the rear, going to stick with 275/40/20 for the fronts. Diameter of both sizes is identical.
As per our discussion, is there any reason at all the very cool Cayenne staggered set up of 20" x 9"fr/10" rear wouldn't work? The 20" "sport Techno" would look HOT.

I also like the oversized 20" size of 285/50x20 (9"rim width). I like this for the suv because while it is a nice rim size that is visually proportional, you still get more sidewall than a stock 19" provides! It's also a bit wider, but not so wide as to cause problems. I used the Toyo S/T for a while and they were great, however there is an awesome Yokohama tire in W rating (168mph) that would be great too - it's designed for heavy fast suv's.

This one is ideal for 9" rim and more in keeping with stock Touareg size specs at 275/50x20

Yokohama ADVAN S.T.

· My God,it's full of stars
5,764 Posts
I assume none of you do or are faced with serious snow conditions as those size rims and tires will be the pits in those conditions - unless of course you use monster low pressure tires like the do in Iceland or in tundra. Just my 2 cents

siberian

· Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Had factory 19's, but went into shock when I found out the price of new Michellins after only 14k.

I am on my second set of 22" Replaced my Kohans with Victor Racing. 285/35R22 v106's First set of Yokos went 46k until they were racing slicks. New set is same size, but are Nexen. Tires are junk but came with rims with 5k on them and they were practically for free, so I'm not complaining.
OK you're confusing the crap out of me...

Your first set was OE 19's with Michelin tyres (I assume 275/45R19)
Second set was Yokohama's in 285/35R22 on Kohan wheels
Third set was Nexen in 285/35R22 on Victor Racing... Right...?

Do you know what the spec (width and offset) for the 22" wheels are?

· Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Andrie, unless someone preempted me, please add: 255/50R19 on Nokian WR G2 on my 2008 V8 A/S

Supplier: MK Tire, NJ, price $203/tire plus ship (made in Russia)

siberian
Greg, interesting that I can only find that size on MK Tire's website and not on any of Nokian's official sites. Wonder if this has been discontinued, maybe...?

Anyway, I added yours.

· Registered
72 Posts
Here's some clarification on the Conti Cross Contacts:
Size: 255/60/18
30.04inches or 763mm
Rim: VW Manhattan 18"
will fit T1 V10 without any rubbing, but will slightly rub - as reported by Wannabe, on the T2 V10. The rubbing isnt on the vents as such but on the slight protrusion - the wheel well plastic has been replaced with a softer material in the T2s that protrudes a little bit more than what we have in the T1s.
I assume VW have made this change to soften the hit from small rocks and pebbles which are thrown up by the tyre into the wheel well.

how about 2004 v8 with air suspension??????:confused:

· Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,484 Posts
you should be fine upto 265/60/18

· Registered
25 Posts
This morning I had 275/40/20 tyres on my Reg and now I'm sitting on 275/55/20. In my opinion this is pushing it because when I turn sharp corners, I can hear and faintly feel the tyre rubbing on the wheel arch. I really hope this isn't a big deal, as I don't feel like spending another $1,000 to get new ones fitted again. What do you guys think? Think the tread will wear down enough eventually? lol

· Too Cool to Leave School
704 Posts
wow a 275/55/20!? I'm sure that was a fairly readily available size (IIRC its the stock Tahoe/Suburban LTZ size)

the 275/55/20 comes out to be (mathematically) a 31.91" tire, the largest "reliable" on a non-TDI Touareg is around a 31.6" (~265/55/20) and those are at 265 widths. I highly doubt you are rubbing on the wheel arch, unless your truck is lowered considerably, however, more than likely rubbing on the fender liner. I would also ensure you have suitable clearance on the inside of the tire w/ the suspension components

· Registered
20,262 Posts
This morning I had 275/40/20 tyres on my Reg and now I'm sitting on 275/55/20. In my opinion this is pushing it because when I turn sharp corners, I can hear and faintly feel the tyre rubbing on the wheel arch. I really hope this isn't a big deal, as I don't feel like spending another $1,000 to get new ones fitted again. What do you guys think? Think the tread will wear down enough eventually? lol
No as it is probably the inner wall of the tyre that's rubbing, not the tread surface.

Get out and get under with the steering on full lock and see where the rub marks are on the plastic wing liner and the tyre, amd also the suspension as suggested above too.

21 - 40 of 473 Posts